Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bad Weather

Default Update

Tom & Lew,

I love XL's! Yes I do have MPD, but I also have MND (Mad Newell Disease). My quandry is I love the exterior of the Prevost, but the interior of the Newell is better for tailgating because of the slides. This is my 3rd Newell and I just like them. Karen and I have gotten accustomed to the slides, and I don't see us ever going back. The price is also an issue.

The 1998 Vogue that we looked at belonged to Charles Blankenship of Naples, FL. It is listed on RVOnline.com. It is in great condition with 119,000 miles. Charles invited us to park in his driveway for the night, and we were able to visit with him at length. His FMCA number is 37004, so he has been RVing for a while.

In 1984 he built a new Liberty and kept it 20 years! He sold it in 2004 and experienced 3.5% depreciation per year! Like us cajuns say, may dat ain't bad, cher. He bought the Vogue after the Liberty, and he said that he liked it better. Of course, you must remember that he is SELLING the Vogue.
    He said that Libertys are overpriced (his opinion, not mine).

From my limited experience with Prevosts, I think that it would be a good buy at the right price. Everything on the coach worked except the Splendie washer/dryer, and he will have that fixed.

We just arrived in Marathon for 2 days, and then on to Key West for 2 more days. We will be staying at Bluewater RV Resort in Key West, so pictures will follow if I can figure out how to attach them.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Default Pictures from Key West

Hope I did this correctly. Key West is great, Marathon was not too exciting but we enjoyed it. The weather is really nice; 77 degrees and sunny.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Default Stop in

Tuga, On way home stop in for a visit at Exit 16 in Ms. as I would like to meet you folks. Dan(1999 Vogue)
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

Hey Tuga, great job on the pictures. Glad it worked out for you.

Be sure and show us pictures of you and your neighbors in Bluewater. Anxious to see just what that place looks like.

I guess a shot of Karen in a bikini at Blue Water Park may be just wishful thinking?

mm

Hey Tug, don't I remember a post about Karen in a bathrobe on the beach? C'mon Karen, be a sport, we're all freezin up here!

Hi Tuga. Your Newell reminds me of the Great White ! Ever think about naming it? Gary
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Tuga, You out there? JIM

Default Bluewater Key

Jim, I'll send you a PM. The email is spotty.

Dan, we will surely try to stop on the way home.

Gary, sorry this is the only picture that I could post. When I tried to attach a second picture the connection timed out. I tried it twice, no luck.

MM, Karen said that there is no way she is going to pose in a bikini. I, on the other hand, would be glad to pose in a bikini. Key West does strange things to a guy!

Trk4u, Karen left the bathrob at home. I will try to get a picture from Bluewater Key when we get a better internet connection.

Garyde, I like the name.

We saw 10 Prevosts here in the park out of 81 sites. Good representation.
    The rest were plastic and towables. This place is paradise; the coconut palms and flora is beautiful. Maybe a good site for POG 4? Key West is so much fun, we watched the sunset twice and listened to a little band playing on the water front. The town is neat and the architecture is very similar to New Orleans, must be a French influence. All sites are rented on a DAILY BASIS. No monthly rates. $143/night or $4290 for one month's stay! Check my math, Lew!

Sadly, it all ends tomorrow. Back to the grindstone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

What a great shot. Mabye one of those coconuts will drop on your head and you'll forget how to go home.

Only 10 months or so and that will be US again!

We haven't been able to get out of single digits for highs for about 10 days now. Block heaters and synthetic oil. LOL

Tuga that 4600 price for the whole season at Sunset Key keeps looking better and better!
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 02-09-2007 at 09:38 AM.