Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Florida Keys

ajhaig Guest

Tuga,

We are going to the Keys. Do you have any tips from your trip last year? Was highway 41 from Naples to Homestead ok? Is there any place to get fuel?

AJ

P.S. We had a great time in New Orleans... Thanks again for your insight.
    Attached Images Attached Images

AJ,

Good to hear from you! Yes, Highway 41 is a good road from the west coast to the east. I can't remember where we purchased diesel but I'm sure you'll find a truck stop on the way down to the Keys. Check out Bluewater RV Resort in Key West: awesome!

Glad you had a good time in New Orleans for Mardi Gras; you are a braver man than I am. Enjoy the keys they are beautiful at this time of the year.
    Stop and visit Lew in Port St. Lucie, FL on your way back north if you are on the east coast. He's a great guy if you haven't met him yet. South Florida is beautiful
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

VegasDogMan Guest

AJ:

Keep us posted as to your trip south, campgrounds, things to see, things to avoid.

Mosquito report would be helpful too.

We're in Ocala FL right now and heading south in March.

lewpopp Guest

AJ, you might not want to believe everything that Tuga says, but if you stop on the way back, you cn stay here for 3 days free if you call me ahead of time. Beautiful resort and you don't want to miss it.

Lewpopp2@aol.com

A J,

There is fuel at 41 & 997 as well as Homestead, but I would get it further upstate and not worry about it. Like Tuga said, Bluewater is 1st class, a little pricy and we found it a bit snooty as well.

Here's a pic from Thanksgiving 07....

IMG_1731[1].JPG

Default Juno Ocean Walk RV Resort

If you guys are interested, here is a link to one of the best kept secrets in South Florida. We live in Jupiter Fl. and have stayed at the Juno Beach Rv Resort before and after we were ready to take our coach out for a trip. We really enjoyed the park. It is a mixed use park, (park models) but it is bordered by a state park to the east, across the street is one of Floridas best oceanfront beaches, state park, fishing pier, marinas all around the property, fine dining and the best part, is that the park sells their sites fee simple, fees are low, the owners are from Canada and have owned the park for 35 years, it is right in the heart of everything and steps away. From my site I can see the ocean, there is even a ridge looking out to sea. rates are reasonable, ownership is reasonable, fees are low, and the people are great. You would think I was selling for these people, but the fact is that the park is a real find.

http://www.junobeachrvresort.com/outside_home.asp

Bruce
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've gotta get a plug in here.

Check out River Ranch RV Resort. Its a dude ranch RV park in the middle of florida, just off of highway 60, 25 miles from Yee Haw Junction. Great lots with canal front or "in the oaks" lots. Rodeo on Saturday night.Saloon, marina and airport. [http://www.riverranchrv.net[/URL].

Can't match Lew's offer, but lots are normally available from $75.00 to $85.00 per night. Stay away from the petting farm, thats my domain.

http://www.riverranchrv.net

Mike K.

Great post Mike,

Louise and I love to ride horses, we will try to plan a trip to River Ranch soon. Thanks for pointing it out to us.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by mike kerley View Post
    I've gotta get a plug in here.

Check out River Ranch RV Resort. Its a dude ranch RV park in the middle of florida, just off of highway 60, 25 miles from Yee Haw Junction. Great lots with canal front or "in the oaks" lots. Rodeo on Saturday night.Saloon, marina and airport. [http://www.riverranchrv.net[/URL].

Can't match Lew's offer, but lots are normally available from $75.00 to $85.00 per night. Stay away from the petting farm, thats my domain.

http://www.riverranchrv.net

Mike K.
    We have always enjoyed River Ranch. Started going there back in the Mid 80's. At one point the main corporation went bankrupt, but the lot owners worked out some type of deal with the courts. The original property was developed by Mobil Oil as a retreat, hunting fishing flyin. They have a 5 or even 5500' cement runway, and have airshows there from time to time. We really enjoyed the rodeos on Friday and Saturday nights, great place.

[QUOTE=mike kerley;23897]I've gotta get a plug in here.

url]

Hey Mike, this looks like my kind of place, yeehaw! What fun, do you own a lot there?

Debi