Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Newell Coach

pognumber26 Guest

Default Newell

Heard BOTH STORIES FROM THE HORSES MOUTHS...The driver for the Nascar racer and the OWNER of the '04 Newell...No axe to grind...Peace and love...RFB

Francis,

I don't have a dog in this fight either, but I have been looking very closely at the Newell Site and unless my math is wrong I see prices lower initially than Prevost conversions, but depreciation seems to track the same path as our conversions as a percentage of the original price.

I would suspect that since Newell posts prices, unlike most converters the probability someone not knowing the approximate value of their Newell would be slight.

If only they had stainless.

pognumber26 Guest

Default Newell

I would be suprised to find out that Any converter buys/sells/trades coaches in a way that gives a generous $$$$ advantage to the customer!!! As the purchaser of TWO H series coaches in the last 12 weeks, one new and one used, I can attest to the decided advantage every dealer enjoys in this process...Personally I am unimpressed by ANY posted price because it represents a FICTIONAL number that little resembles the ACTUAL deal price...Since I had a chance to experience the buy/trade/buy experience first hand, with both private sellers and dealers,I have gained invaluable knowledge about their business...On the trade side, one VERY prominent sales exec volunteered his company's trade- in policy RULE...They take the shell year as the basis for their trade in allowance...that makes a 2001 a 2000 in a heartbeat...Then they figure any other additionals,ie mileage/condition/etc...This MUST BE A hard and fast rule because TWO converters came in with almost identicle trade prices!! With very little price advantage by my used conversion's converter!!!When it comes to purchase price, for me, its simple...How badly they WANT to sell coaches...On my private purchase I paid more then I should have...On my new coach I purchased it for over $$100k LESS than just 90 days earlier...Published prices had NOTHING to do with the final outcome!!! A willing buyer and seller, as always,made the deal a reality...Peace...