Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the suburban the best TOAD for a family of 9?

Thanks guys! It's been great! Actually passed on the 10-passenger low roof because nobody makes a bracket for that van yet. I bought the 15 passenger medium roof T350 with the Ecoboost V6. A foot and a half longer but hasn't been an issue. We're in Micco, FL and just got it back from Palm Bay Ford. They had to replace an A/C line that was cut by the installer during the tow bracket installation. That guy was a nightmare by the way. Steer your friends away from Humphrey's Hitch in Pensacola. Guy is straight out of the movie Deliverance. I had the shop check over the rest of the work he did and luckily it looked ok. Still have a PTO cable to install which I picked up from NAPA. The stock flimsy one will barely re-engage the collar on the driveshaft disconnect. It tows beautifully behind the bus though.

Have been pulling the medium roof Transit van for the past 9 months through 30 states. It's been good! Only issues were lack of parking in the big cities with only parking garages, and the wife driving under a 7.5' high parking area with a van that's 8.5' tall. Haha

Erik,

Sounds like you had an interesting 9 months. I hope the 7.5' parking spot left the top on the van.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Glad to hear your trip has been going well, except the height issue. I hope no one was hurt and that the van is back in service.

I hope you continue to enjoy the journey. It sounds like you still have 18 states waiting to welcome you.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion