Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the suburban the best TOAD for a family of 9?

Default Is the suburban the best TOAD for a family of 9?

We are a family of 9, so ive been looking at a used 9 pax suburban as a tow vehicle. Is a newer, say 05+ 4WD the way to go? Planning to spend some time on the East coast, the wind our way accross thru TX and on up the west coast to AK. Thanks for any input.
    Erik

You will not go wrong with that pick you can go all the way to about a 13 then they get creative with the electric ast sterring I tow an 12 Avalanche and its the simplest vehicle to tow, just put transfer switch in N and away you go no speed or distance restrictions plus it a good rideing truck.
    2005 Parliament XL-II SS
    2007 Avalanche

Ya know there is a bigger choice out there with so much more room it's almost uncomparable.

A maxi van is 15 passangers and lots more room for "stuff". Would be a bit more involved than a 4by4 to set up to tow.

Good choice, especially given your journey to Alaska. Otherwise and as a possible alternative, I wonder if the new Ford Transits are flat towable. You can't go wrong with a 4W drive Suburban or Tahoe XL, as I believe they were branded for a few years.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Colorado bus used to pull a class b motorhome for a toad. Total personal preference type choice anything under the sun these days.

Will prob stick with the burb. I wish transits were flat tow able since that is what we were going to get anyways down the road.

We towed a 2007 Z-71 suburban for years and loved it... upgraded to the 2015 Suburban and love it too... you won't even know it's back there... go for the comfort and safety of your family !!

Cheers, Diane

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

Ended up getting a 2015 Ford Transit 10 passenger low roof van. Having a Remco Driveline Disconnect installed. I'm stoked it's the same weight and length as and newer burb and about the same price for a 2015

I think u made a good choice and u have actually added a good tool as well. Since I have switched to the "van" I love it and have never looked back.

Congrats! That seemed like a great choice, if towable.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion