Thread: Electric shade

Default Electric shade

I am trying to figure out why one of my electric shades does not function. I'll start by saying it is a '99 Vantare H3. Of coarse, it is the one tucked up behind the cupboards in the galley! I have pulled the (triple) switch out and checked the switch, which works fine. I even jumpered a known good switch to varify it was not the switch. My question now is, where do I go from here? I can see two screws holding the assembly up in place but am afraid to remove them because I don't know what is behind there. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks, Cliff

Update.
    Well, I've tried everything I could imagine and still no luck. I can't get the shade down =( I took the two screws out that hold the piece that the shade is attached to but it won't come down. Then, I released the three brackets that hold the shade and the shade won't come down. I have no idea what the assembly looks like so it makes it harder to figure it out. Does anyone have a picture or drawing or anything that shows me what it looks like? Thanks, Cliff
    Last edited by Cliff; 12-21-2015 at 08:31 PM.

Cliff, I have been in your shoes before. Sometimes the short way is the long way. Go to a shade that is easier to work on and take it down. Examine how they installed it and how it is mounted. The shades might be made by Silent Gliss.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Thanks Jim, That sounds too easy, I'll give it a try. Thanks, Cliff

There might be glue involved. I'm suprised Mr Vantare hasn't chimed in he would know.

Call Ed Cliff he has been very well lately bet he would be helpful.

So, after talking with Ed, I now have my shade in my hand. My question is, to test it, do I just hook up 12V to the two wires, or is that not the correct way to test? I did that and nothing happend. I found the new motor on line but want to make sure I'm testing it correctly. It is a 12V, Somfy motor, number LT28-A73.Thanks, Cliff

The specs states the motor has a torgue limiter. It doesn't appear this circuitry can be separated from the motor assembly. So, yes if it only has 2 wires testing should be nothing more than applying power in one polarity foir one direction and switching polarity for reversing direction if the more is not controlled by a wireless remote.

They sure are pricey motors. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...iUIASWjIM5Krbw

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion