Thread: Dry Camping with Solar

Threaded View

Default Dry Camping with Solar

I haven't yet purchased a coach but am leaning towards a '96-'97 Liberty. I plan to be a full-timer and hope to spend a lot of time off-grid exploring places less travelled. If I go with a Liberty coach I figure I'll have plenty of roof space for solar panels. I also want to have OTR air. Please feel free to jump in if there is another Prevost converter who might be better suited for a lot of dry camping/full-timing duties.

I've searched the POG posts which talked about solar but the ones I could find were fairly dated back when solar was more of a novelty. There have been a lot of improvements in solar technology in just the past 2 or 3 years which I think justifies a good look and consideration for someone who wants to spend a lot of time boondocking or dry camping.

Can someone who has installed solar on their coach please let me know your thoughts on the technology? What type of a solar setup do you have? Who installed the solar? Does it meet your needs when dry camping? What would you have done different? Anything else that would be helpful for me to know while I'm still kicking the tires?

Thanks.

p.s. Admin...I'm not sure if I picked the correct place for this post. If not, please work your magic to move it where it needs to be. Thanks
    Last edited by kev; 08-21-2015 at 03:15 PM.