Thread: DMRV, Donnie Myers Luxury Coach, FIVE STARS

Default DMRV, Donnie Myers Luxury Coach, FIVE STARS

Folks,

This past weekend I picked up my coach at Donnie Myers Luxury Coach in Sanford Florida. If you haven't yet had the pleasure of working with Donnie and his staff then you're missing out! Go there at once and have Donnie's gang work their magic on your coach. You won't be disappointed. Below are a few pics of the shower built and installed by DMRV. Because most of Donnie's craftspeople are ex Vantare employees, they know exactly how Vantare's are assembled and where every hidden screw and fastener is located. They were able to demolish my old, outdated, and leaking shower without destroying the Corian door, riser, and surrounds. They even managed to preserve my etched glass window. The box is fabricated of 3/4" plywood which is then treated to a hand applied fiberglass layup creating a truly stiff and water tight structure, then the tile is applied and all the finishing touches. Working with their highly skilled and multi-talented interior designer, Debby, my wife and I were able to easily narrow our design choices to a set of very stunning ceramics and glass that truly augment the original style of the coach. Donnie has an uncanny way of anticipating an owners needs and desires. He was applying his team's magic touches to various areas of my coach including an Aquahot service, complete with new silicon rubber engine loop hoses, a new glendenning real motor, a buffing, wax and polish of the exterior, including the wheels! He also installed slide seals both inner and outer. Folks, I really enjoy turning wrenches and doing as much of my own work as I can, and I'll continue to do that, but Donnie's experience with Vantare's is invaluable. A trip to DMRV means that your coach will be treated to some very, very special Vantare tricks and techniques that Donnie has developed and fine tuned over the years. For instance, a bump stop on my salon slide had recently sheared off. Donnie's team welded a new bump stop on. That was great and I'd expect that from any shop, but the extra is that Donnie welded on a bigger stronger bump stop AND he fabricated a striker plate which fits on the slide body for the bump stop to mate to! (The striker plate is something that Vantare left off). This is the extra attention to detail and tender loving care that your coach will enjoy at DMRV. Thanks Donnie and a big thank you to your highly skilled team! I'm very much looking forward to my next visit for an RTI upgrade!

Best, David Brady, '04 Vantare H3

IMAG1438.jpgIMAG1427.jpgIMAG1422.jpgIMAG1419.jpg
    Last edited by travelite; 03-23-2015 at 12:35 PM.

David,

That looks great! It's always encouraging to hear of work well done. It's especially helpful to Vantare owners to know Vantare expertise is alive and well at Donnie's shop.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Beautiful job.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Looks great! I too had a good experience at Donnie's place. I have an '04 Vantare triple slide which I think was one of the first two or three built. Anyway, it was a unique situation and virtually one of a kind. Since I had slide issues which no one else could solve, I went across the country to Donnie's. He knew who made the original slide motors, searched, found them, installed them and they have been working like a charm ever since. I really believe Donnie was probably the best and maybe only good solution to my problem. If you own a Vantare, especially, or probably any other conversion, and want knowledgeable-professional solutions, you know where to go! Mike Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by travelite View Post
    Folks,

This past weekend I picked up my coach at Donnie Myers Luxury Coach in Sanford Florida. If you haven't yet had the pleasure of working with Donnie and his staff then you're missing out! Go there at once and have Donnie's gang work their magic on your coach. You won't be disappointed. Below are a few pics of the shower built and installed by DMRV. Because most of Donnie's craftspeople are ex Vantare employees, they know exactly how Vantare's are assembled and where every hidden screw and fastener is located. They were able to demolish my old, outdated, and leaking shower without destroying the Corian door, riser, and surrounds. They even managed to preserve my etched glass window. The box is fabricated of 3/4" plywood which is then treated to a hand applied fiberglass layup creating a truly stiff and water tight structure, then the tile is applied and all the finishing touches. Working with their highly skilled and multi-talented interior designer, Debby, my wife and I were able to easily narrow our design choices to a set of very stunning ceramics and glass that truly augment the original style of the coach. Donnie has an uncanny way of anticipating an owners needs and desires. He was applying his team's magic touches to various areas of my coach including an Aquahot service, complete with new silicon rubber engine loop hoses, a new glendenning real motor, a buffing, wax and polish of the exterior, including the wheels! He also installed slide seals both inner and outer. Folks, I really enjoy turning wrenches and doing as much of my own work as I can, and I'll continue to do that, but Donnie's experience with Vantare's is invaluable. A trip to DMRV means that your coach will be treated to some very, very special Vantare tricks and techniques that Donnie has developed and fine tuned over the years. For instance, a bump stop on my salon slide had recently sheared off. Donnie's team welded a new bump stop on. That was great and I'd expect that from any shop, but the extra is that Donnie welded on a bigger stronger bump stop AND he fabricated a striker plate which fits on the slide body for the bump stop to mate to! (The striker plate is something that Vantare left off). This is the extra attention to detail and tender loving care that your coach will enjoy at DMRV. Thanks Donnie and a big thank you to your highly skilled team! I'm very much looking forward to my next visit for an RTI upgrade!

Best, David Brady, '04 Vantare H3

IMAG1438.jpgIMAG1427.jpgIMAG1422.jpgIMAG1419.jpg
    Thank you for the kind words and for trusting us to tear your coach apart as far as we had to in order to find and repair your sidewall leaks. EVERYONE here at our shop participated in the production of Vantare coaches and go back as far as 1993. We are very proud to have Debby as our interior designer. She started with Mike Guth at Vantare in 1994 and has had her hands on about every coach built! We also have records (lots of records) and original files. We purchased Renaissance Coach (who was formerly Vantare) and acquired many valuable parts and discontinued items specifically for Vantare coaches, such as original laminates and Vitricore! Unfortunately, I'm not interested in selling only parts. We will sell the parts along with our service and or remodel. David, we look forward to upgrading your tired AMX to our RTI system control and LED package. Again, Thank you for your business!

Gil_J.......WE SLEEP, BREATHE, and BLEED VANTARE...and perform all work "in house" with the exception of paint

Donnie,

The person who welded my slide bump stop will always be known as "Striker" to me. You'll have to let that person know of his new nickname! After seeing the RTI and LED upgrade package I'm sold. I also need new TV's and assorted A/V components. We'll be seeing each other soon.

Folks,

Having DMRV support Vantares is every bit as powerful as Liberty and Marathon supporting their products. My view is while we all enjoy personalizing our coaches, there's a lot to be said for the standard approach to many problems offered by the converters. I think the RTI upgrade to our existing AMX is a case in point. Rather than have each individual roll their own solution, Donnie and the gang have a standard proven system which they fully integrate with the coach electrics while retaining all the redundancy of existing manual push button switches. Imagine what happens to the value of Vantare's when a buyer sees time and time again an owner's new a novel way of solving the obsolete AMX problem. Contrast this with the prospective owner seeing (time and time again) DMRV's RTI solution applied to coaches he/she might purchase. The new owner knows that a simple trip to Donnie will satisfy all his RTI needs, and Donnie doesn't have to sort thru a rat's nest of owner induced wiring mods. This is one way of many that DMRV creates value in our Vantares. These guys love these coaches every bit as much as we do. They've been around them from the beginning, they embrace the philosophy, and they have standardized on common sense solutions to many of the problems we have. I'm still going to have fun with my coach, but in some key areas a new buyer will look and say, "Donnie did this, and I have an avenue for repairs and maintenance", and that adds value.

Here are some pics of my shower prior to DMRV's magic. (these are the best pics I have... sigh)! Vantare simply took the granite floor tiles straight up the walls, lots of gold, and a leaky box:

20140127_112016_resized.jpg
    20140127_112027_resized.jpg

Folks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by travelite; 03-24-2015 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by travelite View Post
    Donnie,

The person who welded my slide bump stop will always be known as "Striker" to me. You'll have to let that person know of his new nickname! After seeing the RTI and LED upgrade package I'm sold. I also need new TV's and assorted A/V components. We'll be seeing each other soon.

Folks,

Having DMRV support Vantares is every bit as powerful as Liberty and Marathon supporting their products. My view is while we all enjoy personalizing our coaches, there's a lot to be said for the standard approach to many problems offered by the converters. I think the RTI upgrade to our existing AMX is a case in point. Rather than have each individual roll their own solution, Donnie and the gang have a standard proven system which they fully integrate with the coach electrics while retaining all the redundancy of existing manual push button switches. Imagine what happens to the value of Vantare's when a buyer sees time and time again an owner's new a novel way of solving the obsolete AMX problem. Contrast this with the prospective owner seeing (time and time again) DMRV's RTI solution applied to coaches he/she might purchase. The new owner knows that a simple trip to Donnie will satisfy all his RTI needs, and Donnie doesn't have to sort thru a rat's nest of owner induced wiring mods. This is one way of many that DMRV creates value in our Vantares. These guys love these coaches every bit as much as we do. They've been around them from the beginning, they embrace the philosophy, and they have standardized on common sense solutions to many of the problems we have. I'm still going to have fun with my coach, but in some key areas a new buyer will look and say, "Donnie did this, and I have an avenue for repairs and maintenance", and that adds value.

Here are some pics of my shower prior to DMRV's magic. (these are the best pics I have... sigh)! Vantare simply took the granite floor tiles straight up the walls, lots of gold, and a leaky box:

20140127_112016_resized.jpg
    20140127_112027_resized.jpg

Folks
    I will tell Wayland his new nickname...lol Wayland came with me from Vogue Coach in Oklahoma when Conrad shut the plant down. Wayland was a lead in the chasis dept. His job was to build and oversee the production of the entire Vogue chasis! Wayland originally moved to Oklahoma with Vogue from Sun Valley, CA., where Vogue originated! He is probably the most talented welder/fabricator I have met!
    Last edited by Donnie Myers; 03-24-2015 at 10:06 PM.

You have some real treasures in your employees there Donnie, but I don't need to tell you that. I had a chance to spend time with Joe, Hector, and Debby and their enthusiasm and love of the product and work they do is contagious!

BTW, I find the history you've spoken about (Vantare, Vogue, Renaissance, etc) fascinating. If you ever want to write about the history of the high-end motorhome world, I know I'd certainly enjoy reading about it. I've been pretty much immersed in Wanderlodges for the past ten years, so a lot of what took place in the Prevost world is new to me. I did tour the Vantare manufacturing facility back in '05 and was pretty much convinced then that Vantare was doing a great job over-building their chassis slideout structure. I knew I had to have one! lol

Here's another Donny Myers invention installed on my bus while down at DMRV. It's a baffle under the front bumper to help with the front cruiseair. On hot days like many of you I've been plagued with the H1 P5 (high pressure) message accompanied by shutdown of the fore cruieseair. I can say that on the way home from Sanford Fl my front cruiseair never worked so well. Thanks again Donnie! BTW, any shop can install a baffle but leave it to Donnie to install a mirrored finish 304 stainless steel panel. So along with a fix to the H1 P5 issue I also got a killer looking air dam!

IMAG1455.jpg