Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1995 xlv marathon series 60 coach batteries

Default 1995 xlv marathon series 60 coach batteries

I need to purchase new coach starting batteries anyone have any recommendations?

David,

If your batteries are where you can get to them to check the water level periodically, you may want t consider heavy duty wet cells. I've always used the wet cells and you can get them at auto shops or Battery Source at reasonable prices. Mine usually last about 5 years. AGMs are your other option.
    Last edited by dale farley; 12-20-2014 at 05:21 PM.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

all my batteries are AGMs including the house batteries. I was thinking on replacing them with heavy duty maintenance free batteries . would you think there would be problem with that! I was told never use a lead acid battery because of the corrosion and the damage it cause to the electronics. your thoughts,, that's why I was think of the maintenance free sealed batteries,

my house batteries are fine and I am not replacing those yet. I just put a set of tires on which I knew about before I purchased it.

IMO, AGM chassis batteries are a waste of money with little, if any, advantage over sealed wet cells. The chassis battery area is well ventilated.

Few converters provided an adequate battery box for wet cells to be used as house batteries. Gassing should be expected with wet cells as house batteries due to normal charging cycles after discharge, even after minor discharging. Gassing will cause corrosion of battery terminals, battery cables, and the battery storage housing.

To each their own and some will use AGMs as chassis batteries and others will use wet cell batteries for their house bank.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

AGM batteries do not do well in high temperatures,so most coach owners use wet cells for the coach starting batteries.I put a remote therometer in the engine bay above the batteries and on a trip only recorded 135 degrees,I do think that temperature would be too high for AGM batteries over time.

Hi,

I just replaced last month my 4 Interstate starting batteries with new ones, always have a very good service from them in all my cars and toys,

http://www.interstatebatteries.com/p...v=N~2147384903

Alek

Part Number: BAT 7234 Product Line: NAPA Batteries

Attributes:Battery BCI # : BCI # 31S
    Battery Cold Cranking Amps @ 0 Degrees F : 1,000
    Battery Cranking Amps @ 32 Degrees F : 1,200
    Battery Load Test Amps : 500
    Battery Posts Type : Top Mount Stud
    Battery Reserve Capacity (Minutes) : 195
    Battery Voltage : 12 Volt
    Wet or Dry : Wet
    Battery Application : Commercial
    Battery Weight : 61.4 lbs
    Contents : (1) Battery
    Height : 9-7/16"
    Length : 13"

I haven't had good luck with Interstate, always got a bad one in the batch. The Workaholic line I had didn't go 2.5 years. Another option could be these Napa's. A few of us put them in and we'll see. Couple dollars cheaper than Interstate

Later
    bv
    Last edited by truxton; 12-20-2014 at 11:56 PM.

Bernie & Deborah
    2019 Marathon X3 #1291
    2019 Intech Stacker

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Ditto Bernies post. My NAPA batteries have been in for 4 years in November. NAPA store's are in almost every city, and usually have batteries on hand. I have never had a host charger on my coach. NOW WATCH MY BATTERIES GO BAD THE NEXT TIME I TRY TO START IT!

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Bought new NApa batteries a couple three weeks ago in Mississippi for 111.00 each. I ask for the " Ministers Discount". That didn't help much so I told them I knew Dan Smith. SAMs was higher than Napa.

Thats is ok Pete, you got the money!
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost