Thread: Crestron Screens

Default Crestron Screens

Most of the Crestron screens on my coach are about to go out. They are at the point where you can barely read them, they are so bright. I have tried to turn down the brightness but it doesn't help. Is there a replacement for the screen so you can just unplug it and plug a new one in? If anyone has any information and can help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

BB

Each screen is programmed individually so it can not be replaced easily,I have 1 at Liberty now and they sent it to Crestron for repair.I purchased 2 off of eBay and they both had defective screens.

I had two Crestron screens that had bad batteries. These batteries are not user replaceable and they cost a fortune to replace, so I had the Crestrons replaced with IPODS, IPADS and IPHONES.

Bob bring your coach down to FL & we can upgrade your Crestron to iPad control - get rid of those bulky remotes.
    --

Kyle Bennett
    Tradewinds Coach & Marine
    www.tradewindscoach.com
    kbennett@tradewindscoach.com

I've heard conflicting stories on whether the display controller actually has programming for the system in it or the programming is actually only in the Crestron main controller. Has anyone actually just plugged in a different display and seen if it works?

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

I moved a screen from the bedroom to the dash,they were the same part number,all of the data from the bedroom moved to the dash area when I plugged it in.Troy tell me that the screens are individually programmed.I just got my dash unit back today and it is now clear on the back up camera,the cost was over $800 for Crestron to repair it,yes it was expensive but I really like to have a clear picture with the rear camera.

My coach has a Crestron system that controls all the audio and video as well as the Techlink info system. It's operated by one hard wired control and an iPad. It's not all that complicated to additional remotes like iPhones, Android phones or additional iPads. Crestron has one of the best tech support departments I've ever worked with. They will help you. Additional remotes require downloading $100 apps, but it's worth it.
    Grizz, Sandy & Katie-bug
    2001 Marathon H3-45, 2S

Griffie and Affie
    My beloved pets, may they rest in peace!

Thanks for the feed back from everyone. Sorry for the late response, I have been out of touch enjoying the holidays. Sounds like several of you have gone to the iPad/iphone screens. Besides the cost of the iPad/iphone, how hard is it to swap them out and what should I expect a crestron dealer to charge me to instal them?
    Last edited by bigcitybob; 01-07-2015 at 11:51 PM.

New to POG, hoping this is the best thread to insert a question about a Crestron issue we’re having on our (new owner) 2005 Prevost XLII / Royale Conversion Coach...

The Crestron STX-1550C screen seems to be inverted. Has anyone run into this issue? We’ve contacted Crestron who’s informed us that the model is retired - we’ve also spoken to dealers in the Nashville area with little to no luck.

Thanks in advance.

BC3F8E0E-247D-420B-BB33-0D9974AD1888.jpeg
    Last edited by Nashville XLII; 01-04-2020 at 12:29 AM.

U could view it with a mirror.

Just kidding. Unique and odd failures on these conversions never cease to amaze me. Good luck and keep us posted.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines