Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reversed Polarity Indicator

Another consideration is an item that is downstream of your Surge Guard...your power transfer switch. If you carefully check out this area both visually and with a multimeter to ensure you do not have a voltage reading on your neutral wiring, and that the contactor for neutral wiring looks unburnt, that the wiring does not show evidence of excess heating from bad connections, then you and I will both feel better about your coach's condition. Just an area I would suggest checking out...
    Ben Cummings
    U.S.A. Luxury Coaches, LLC
    Clearwater, FL

Very Good suggestion Ben !

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Curious what happened here. My coach has that same verbal warning as well, as soon as I push the domestic battery connection main. I will check the ground bars behind door meter area and inside TV box asap. I don't know too much about the transfer yet but will check there too.

96 Country Coach XL40

A true reverse polarity on a 50A/240V circuit that was once good is nearly impossible. The problem is likely a poor nuetral or ground connection.

Are both voltmeters close to the same voltage. Monitor the voltage reading and turn on a high current 120V appliance, like one of your two hot water heater. You should see a slight decrese in voltage on one leg of power and no change with voltage on the other leg. The voltage on the other leg definately should not increase. This is an easy test for a poor nuetral.

Yes check the transfer switch, if you're comfortable doing so.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion