Thread: Isri Seat Air Leak

Default Isri Seat Air Leak

Hi gang,

My Isri seat has a real whistle when I raise it. To raise it I flip the lever towards the front right side of the seat to the " up " position. I then hear a pretty good air leak.

When the seat is in the down position there is no leak.

I have isolated where the air is coming from and drawn a box around it in the pictures below. Has anyone had this issue and what did you do to fix it? I Called Isri & they gave me a list of distributors - I would like a little more input before I start calling….

Thanks

Jamie
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jamie Bradford; 11-05-2014 at 12:56 PM.
    2008 Millennium H3-45

2013 Chevy Avalanche

Those are push-on air tubes and connectors. Try a little soapy water around the area, especially where the tubes go into the connectors. You night find that simply pushing the hose into the connector might solve the problem. Or, the connector fitting itself might be leaking. From what I can tell in the photo, it looks like a simple job to replace it.
    Grizz, Sandy & Katie-bug
    2001 Marathon H3-45, 2S

Griffie and Affie
    My beloved pets, may they rest in peace!

Jamie that appears to be the actual switch/valve body. If it is not the push on connectors then it may be the switch/valve body itself. I had the same situation happen with my seat and it was a crack in the actual switch/valve body. This was not repairable but I was able to order the part from Prevost. It was not easy as they initially indicated that my seat was put in by the converter. I was however able to find a parts diagram of my seat and the part needed. We went back and forth emailing images of what Prevost had until I was satisfied they had the right switch/valve for my seat. It was a special order from Germany but I did procure the part through them.

Jamie the valve body should have a feed line that is always under Auxiliary air pressure and then an outlet line to pressurize the air bag and a return line that bleeds air off the bag.
    If you are only hearing the leak when raising the seat then I would suspect the valve/switch itself. If it were the press connector it should continue to leak after pressing the raise function. You obviously should hear a leak or air escape when lowering the seat. Basically it sounds like it may be the switch/valve itself similar to my situation.

I got replacement parts from Prevost. They are very good at emailing a diagram of the seat with part numbers. Just call and e mail your photo.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Pretty amazing the hoops we have to jump thru to get an air leak on a seat.

I wonder if quality would improve if the plastic parts were chucked.

Very very common problem IMO on a acessory that we pay enough for up front not to have plastic pieces in the first place.