Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Electronics Question

It's an antique, but in that context then so is the bus that got attached to it.

They both work.

Default Age/Electronics & U

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    It's an antique, but in that context then so is the bus that got attached to it.

They both work.
    That,s an interesting point Jon. The fact is some things become obsolete before others. The useful life of a Prevost will be much longer than say a cell phone, computer, or similar electronic.
    That is one of the reasons we keep upgrading to newer buses. We want all the new inovative stuff!
    The Prevost bus is fine, its the individual constantly wanting whats new and unique.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Default Upgrades

Garyde: You hit the nail on the head with that post. You are exactly right, if my coach had larger TVs or power awnings, there would be no reason to want to trade up, as the Bus part (chasiss) offers no advantage. It is human nature to always want something different and satisfaction with a vehicle for example can come with the maturing process, or in the case of Jon and JPJ aging. But it didn't work on JPJ or Mango.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

dalej Guest

Roger, I found a real easy way to a bigger screen display is to move your eyes closer!

bill&jody Guest

as i now have satellite broadband, i just got a skype account - $15 for a whole year of US & Canada unlimited calls, $30 if you sign up after 1 feb (i believe that is the cutoff date). there's a little box you can attach via usb that is a usb to rj11 adapter. my adapter hasn't arrived yet, and since i don't use windoze, it'll be a day or 3 gettin' it to work, but for windoze users, it might just work outta the box. plus there are a number of usb skype phones plus a polycom that supposedly "just work".

i evesdrop'd on a voip call last summer, and if you ignore the half second delay, it was a very clear call.

gotta luv all that hi-tech stuff. i think of it as digital stainless.

Cool HeHe Dales got Jokes

I tried that- made me seasick, and those awnings, I just keep hitting the button and nothing happens.

Hey If you got your handy dandy impact wrench from HF, you need to get a handy dandy wheel protector to keep the impact socket from marring your pretty shiney wheels. Got mine at Truck Pro for 3.99 plus tax.

Save you some grief from having to polish the rub marks out. Give you more time for humor and pictures.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Lee Bornstein Guest

Bill & Jody:
    I have MotoSat Internet Service and tried Vonage a while ago. It was terrible because of sloooow upload speeds with satellite.

Let me know how Skype performs for you. Delay is tolerable but loss of clarity because of low data speed is a no no.

Lee

ken&ellen Guest

Thumbs down Vonage does not work!

Run do not walk away from Vonage! We made that mistake and are still living the nightmare. Went we moved to rual Virginia we contracted with Hughes Net satellite for broadband....expensive and not very good. We had VOIP system with AT&T, but they did not offer coverage in our zip code? Vonage claimed that they were compatible with Hughes, formerly DirecWay, and they were not. We have been trying to cancel for several months, but they are more difficult to cancel than AOL ! It never worked as advertised and the 30 day cancel program they advertise is a crock of _ _ _ _! Since moving to Georgia we have gone to DSL......great speed....and our sat equipment is setting in the garage. Oh yeah....Hughes wants a huge cancellation fee and their customer service, like many high tech company, is from some third world country where English is not spoken! Ken
    Last edited by ken&ellen; 01-26-2007 at 10:42 AM. Reason: spelling

Unhappy The Final Word

Our heavy "bag" phone is gone.

It was analog and as long as we were in an area that supported analog it worked. Mike Kerley finally convinced me to join the digital world so I had a digital phone installed in the bus. Only this phone has no keypad or head set. It is a box that receives and sends cellular calls digitally, and through a connection to regular phone jacks it serves the same function as the Motorola bag phone and converter, in that we just plug regular phones into the jacks, and with a switch in the bus we can use the same phones via the cellular device or a land line connected to the coach.

The Motorola handset has been removed but I never actually used that phone anyway.

Ken&Ellen,

Assuming you had an F1 (the smaller dish), then I would have expected this not to work too well. There are some people that have gotten it work somewhat reasonably, but I think they are in the minority.

I went with the bigger dish, and have a service plan which is fast enough that I can run VoIP without issue. But, it did take the larger dish, and the higher rate service plan.