Thread: 1156 LED Bulbs

Default 1156 LED Bulbs

Has anyone tried these are similar LED replacements for their tail lights? These seem to be rated good and are priced right (10 for $11.28). Ebay has them even cheaper.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dale farley; 10-06-2014 at 11:38 PM.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Did you try them yet?

Dick,

I have not. I am in Alabama, and the bus is in Florida.
    Dale & Paulette

I ordered 20 of these from a U.S. seller for $14.68. Of course, they are China made. I thought this configuration might be a little brighter since all the Leds are pointing backwards.
    Dale & Paulette

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Dale, please keep the P/Ns, and vendors of your bulbs because I would like to try them if yours are successful.
    Thanks,
    Pete

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

I finally got around to installing the LEDs I purchased from eBay. They are very white and therefore the color is a little different when viewed. The first picture is of the tail lights. The top left light is the old 1156 bulbs and the other three are LEDs. The standard 1156 is a little brighter, but the LEDs are fine.

The middle picture shows the signal lights or emergency flashers. The bottom left light just shows how whiIie the lights are without the lens. All the bulbs in this picture are LEDs.

The last picture shows the LEDs in the blinkers. The bottom left bulb is the old 1156 bulb. There is less difference in the brightness of the LED and the regular bulb when flashing. As noted in the top picture, the old bulbs seem to burn through the lens more as they get hotter and stay on continuously. The LEDs in the yellow flashers appear more yellow and less orange than with the old bulbs.

I also tried the bulbs in the brake lights, and they are not as as bright as the original brake lights. I chose to leave the old bulbs in the brake lights since they only come on when the brakes are applied, and I want those as bright as possible. Some of the sellers of the LEDs state they are not recommended for brakes lights.

I am satisfied with the bulbs in the tail lights and the signal lights. They are so much cooler and provide a very white light. As stated above, I will retain the old 1156 bulbs for the brakes unless I see an LED specifically designed to replace the brake lights.
    Last edited by dale farley; 12-05-2014 at 03:14 AM.
    Dale & Paulette