Thread: Brake controller install question

Hybrid View

Yes you are right about the M and G,they also have a break-a-away option that I like and is easy to install.

Ok, good deal on the M&G system.
    Thanks everyone for the tips.

I intended to install a M&G on a bran new 2013 Ford 1/2 ton PU. After receiving the kit it was decided to send it back.

Installation required cutting a reservoir for antifreeze overflow and windshield washer fluid in half. The spot they wanted to relocate 1/2 of the reservoir was in a terrible spot up high close to the cowl and as shown in install photo, crooked.

I would not have wanted to find out the hard way how that mod may have voided any warranty's on that new vehicle should it have needed to be brought back to the dealer for anything.

We sent it back.

If U R thinking about adding things or changing things on newer vehicles still under warranty I would suggest U ask the manufacturer to send off install instructions and photos before u buy so this dilemma does not happen to U.

I think M&G is a great accessory and assume any similar component from other manufacturers will also have similar potential hurtles depending on the vehicle it is being installed on. Do your homework.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 08-17-2014 at 09:39 AM.

Joe, the exact reason I opted for AF1 over M&G. I even moved the AF1 from a 2011 Jeep GC to a 2012 Explorer without any issues. I actually didn't have a choice with the Jeep. There wasn't enough room to push the master cylinder forward.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Jim, Yes, we no longer have our bus. We are having a custom build of a motor home that sleeps 10. Grand children and their parents dictate more sleeping arrangements.

Ron
    Ron & Suzie Hampton
    2001 Marathon H3-45
    Ford Edge towinf 4 down

Wow ! I would like to see how that turns out.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty