Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TMPS

Default TMPS

There have been many discussions about tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS). I am wondering if there are any new systems on the market that are easier to install or are more reliable? I had a system on my previous bus, and the biggest problem I had was the wheel monitors would start to leak and need replacing quite often. I occasionally got false readings, but I think that is fairly common. Has anyone found a system that is very reliable and easy to install? Has anyone been using a system that has just proven to be too much trouble or unreliable? I haven't yet made up my mind as to whether I want to install another system. Since I recently installed new tires, I don't want to remove them to install an internal system.
    Last edited by dale farley; 08-07-2014 at 06:00 PM.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Dale, I never used the system you had. I think the only reliable system will have sensors in the wheels.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Gil,

I had used that system for a few years, but I think the batteries were going bad, so I had just ordered the new sensors before you got the bus.
    Dale & Paulette

I have pressure pro and they have proven to be a very reliable accessory.

I think I paid 700 for enough sensors to do the bus and toad.

Easy to install didn't have any problems with leaking. The first sensor to fail went 6yr before needing replacement at 50 bucks a piece.

I would buy this product again but I have seen 1 better now.

They now have sensors that can be aired up thru the sensor without the necessity of taking it off and reprograming that wheel every time air pressure adjustment is needed.

This is without a doubt one of the best accessories I have ever bought. They go well with cenrtonics, wheel jewelry and Prevo

I also have another sensor called Tattle Trail it senses very slight increase in vibration very simple and works very well.

It has notified me of a sidewall separation twice (on a couple of trailers I pulled ) before tire pressures ever even began to fall off. None of the other style pressure sensors can do that.

I have the control panel for the pressure pro still if someone wants it let me know U will need to buy the sensors at 50 a piece
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 08-07-2014 at 06:44 PM.

Dale, I have Tire Safe Guards and I like them. You can check and fill the tires without removing the sensors. A very nice feature. I think it is the only system on the market that also tells you the tire temp. I did have to purchase a repeater and pluged it into an outlet in the bedroom to transmit the information from the tow vehicle due to the length of the Bus. I have used this system for about six years.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Jim, I may have had the same ones. I know you could check the air without removing the sensors.
    Dale & Paulette

I also have the Tire Safe Guard system and like it. I do believe the new system they offer has the ability to replace the batteries as needed.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

That would be a real improvement. I bought new sensors because the batteries were getting old.
    Dale & Paulette

Dale mentioned false readings when he started this Thread. I suspect all monitors give some degree of false alerts from time to time. On our way back from N.C. this time I got a rapid deflation alarm on my drivers side tag. The reading went to 40 psi. This wasn't the first time I have had tire pressure alerts. Since it was on my drivers side I was able to keep an eye on the general tire area while Karen was looking for the next exit. One of the things I like about the Tire Safe Guard system is it gives you the tire temp along with the tire pressure. Although I was looking for a pull off area without nails and misc road debris I noticed the temp of the tire was half of the other tires. This made me suspect the low pressure alarm was false. Before I could find an acceptable pull off area the alarm went away and the tire pressure returned to normal. Nice ending to a " Pucker Period. " Anyone else had one of these " Fun Events ? "
    Last edited by JIM KELLER; 08-03-2015 at 06:57 AM.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Jim,

I had a similar instance. I assumed my battery might be getting low, but never knew for sure. I agree that most any of these are subject a occasional false reading.
    Dale & Paulette