Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fat Lady Sings! Mango's New H3

Default Fat Lady Sings! Mango's New H3

This time with the blessing of Ms. Donna we have taken the next step to the sending our kids to a community college with the purchase of a 2000 Marathon H3.

IMG_0266_Large.jpg

IMG_0277_Large.jpg

Pickup is scheduled for Friday, the 19th, in the afternoon in San Diego.

Heading over to the dark side by leaving Liberty and the Stainless. Found out the Mangoettes were traditionalists as when they saw the first pixs of the H3 acclaimed "Dad, where's the shiny metal?"

JDUB will be aboard for the inagural flight as far as Dallas, so expect some interesting posts as we motor down the highway in search of the perfect Taco stand.

Mango

Picture 1.jpg
    Last edited by MangoMike; 01-18-2007 at 10:14 AM.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Default At last!

Finally Mango's conscience has caught up with him and he has given up perhaps one of worst-kept secrets to date.

Nice camper! Word has it that he will keep the Liberty for weekends and flash.

So....where's the metal?

Enjoy, enjoy and enjoy your new coach. May you have many happy and enjoyable miles down the great highways of this beautiful country!

I am very envious Mike. It looks like a beautiful H3. I know you and your entire family will just love it.

Are just you and Jerry going out to pick up the new rig? That will be quite an adventure in itself !

Good luck, and looking forward to seeing your new rig in Kerrville.

Gary S.

[QUOTE=MangoMike;9184]This time with the blessing of Ms. Donna we have taken the next step to the sending our kids to a community college with the purchase of a 2000 Marathon H3.

Aha, glad to see your secret is out Mango and Donna, the pressure was getting to me! I know you have always wanted an H3 and Bob and I are both thrilled for you. Wave as you head back home on I-40!! I would like to have a hidden tape recorder of your trip back to Houston with Jerry,

Way to go Mangos and Mangoettes. Beeeautiful!
    Can't wait to see it at Kerrville.

BrianE & Beverly
    94Liberty XL

Here we go again. More LEDs to be bought.

Mike is single handedly going to support an entire industry, in addition to supporting the converters by owning two buses.

Can't wait to see the new ride.

Congrat's Mango! 2 buses, we're not worthy, we're not worthy!!!

Deb - Can you imagine the hidden recorder... It would sound like this:

Mango - Ooohhh, hey flame snuffer, that was gross, was that from a burrito
    JDUB - No way, was that from the holding tank, can I look in the toilet

Mango - It came from up here, we need air
    JDUB - Speaking of air, puuuuuuutttttttttt

Mango - Man your killing me and stinking up my new bus
    JDUB - Hey, where are those Jalapenos

Mango - Go change your pants
    JDUB - OK, but they're a little tight, what about the butt crack

Mango - Geeez, put something else on, that's nasty looking
    JDUB - I'm out of shorts, puuuuuuuuttttttttt, we need barbecue

Mango - Here you drive, I'm getting sick
    JDUB - Give me the map, burb, belch, psst, we're close to Jose's Taco Parlor

And so on and so on.....

Default California or Bust

Well I am glad this is out and man are we headed for some large fun. We would have started the taco quest on Friday out at the El Indio Taco shop in San Diego, but my flight doesn't arrive from OKC until around 9:30pm, so the initial Mexican food stop will be Jordan's in Phoenix on Saturday. We may have to fill the fridge in the H3 with take out just in case we hit a taco drought somewhere along the way.

The real low will be when the blog starts as we attempt to cram all this fun (and 1400 miles) into 44 hours.

And since Tom will be on the other side of the country, I can leave my slicker suit at home whilst I motor along from the left coast with the A1 protégé......

Stay tuned

The real low will be when the blog starts as we attempt to cram all this fun (and 1400 miles) into 44 hours.

Either the dynamic duo is planning on driving at 31.8 MPH, or there will be an excessive amount of time spent looking for the kind of food polite people don't eat for fear of the consequences.

I'm fairly certain Ms. Mango Donna will not tour the new coach until a professional restoration company has fumigated and sanitized the new coach, especially the toilet.

I think this contemplates sleeping at some point, however I think that is only optional. We have a couple of dozen stops contemplated, so I think we drive 80mph and sort the rest out later. Diesel is cheap when you're not buying it

However, it is fitting that Tom is a Cracker-American, crack being the operative term. I hope Nancy isn't reading over his shoulder this weekend. It won't be pretty.