Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about hot water heater

Default Question about hot water heater

Sorry to ask another question but being new owners of a 2006 Prevost Country Coach XLII, we had questions about the Message Center Display yesterday about the low coolant and got it diagnosed and fixed thanks to all of the replies. Suddenly today we have no hot water. This is our maiden voyage so I guess we are learning things by on the job training! I doubt this can be related to the low coolant issue. We tried checking all the breakers, that didn't seem to fix it. We have AquaHot and that seems to be working. Can't figure out what changed or happened. We are about a week into our trip and it will be pretty tough taking cold showers if we can't figure it out. Any thoughts or help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Bob Baumann
    2006 Country Coach XLII

Hey Bob morning.

2 questions first, how R U sure the aqua hot is still working.

Second R U aware that the aqua hot also has an electric heat source, do U know where the switch is and have u also tried that?

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Bob, do you have hot water in your sinks? You mentioned not having hot water for showers. If it is only in your shower it could be your mixing valve.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

The AquaHot dispenser in the sink is still very hot. We have tried the breakers but don't know where any other switches might be. Any thoughts?

We don't have any hot water anywhere - not in the shower or sinks. Just the AquaHot dispenser in the kitchen sink. Any ideas would be appreciated.

U need the help of a CC POGer to help u get a better understanding of the house systems on yours.

Who did U buy it from they may help.

I think it may be operator error. Either that or the aqua hot is not working as correctly as u think it is. There is at least 3 different ways to make hot water.

If u R moving around the engine should make plenty of domestic hot water. Right? or no, or your parked.

Wheres the CC contingent bus driver in need of warm showers.

Big Bob, Do you have a Crestron system on your Bus ? I would like to help but if you do I'm out.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Bob,

As you probably know the AH has four sources of hot water. One is 120VAC, one is the AH's diesel fired burner, one is the engine's coolant loop and the forth is a hybrid that uses both 120VAC and the diesel fired heater. You mentioned the AH was producing hot water only at the sink. I'm betting that is from an instant hot water heater and not from the AH.

Okay, the 110V breakers are on, that's good. Know you need to find the low voltage control switch. This could be a switch, probably located up front. If you have a Crestron controller, it could be on it. There should also be a switch to activate the diesel burner. On older CCs you would have to have on the electric hot water switches and a switch labelled central heat control or something close to that. It's possible you have the AH control panel. If so, it will have a switch for electric heat and one for diesel fired heat.

Do you have the CC manual? CC did a pretty good job with their earlier manuals. It should be in the manual, but may take some looking to find it.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Yes - the bus has the Crestron system. Thank you for your willingness to help - I appreciate it.

I will check out what you have described. I am wondering if has something to do with the engine's coolant. We got a message center display for the coolant and when adding additional coolant to the system discovered that the cap was very cracked. It seems like we had hot water up until the time I added the needed coolant.

Yes - it comes with a ton of manuals but they are not really very user friendly and they haven't been much help. We have had three people reading through them trying to find solutions and everyone has agreed that they are difficult to find what you are looking for and not very helpful.

Thanks so much for your response. I will check out what you have mentioned. Yes - it does have the Crestron system.