Thread: Drive Tires

Default Drive Tires

I have been trying to buy XZA2 tires for several months and my dealer say they are still on backorder and will be for 6 to 8 weeks. The dealer suggested going to XDN2 Grip tires. They are a more aggressive tire with better traction and wear but may be slightly more road noise. I am open to suggestions as to tires.
    Last edited by Denny; 07-03-2014 at 12:45 PM.

I have run into the same "STORY" about XZA2. Wonder what the price will be once there has been sufficient demand established.

I don't need any more road noise, traction or BS, I just need new XZA2s

Just want to throw out a suggestion to you tire shoppers.- - Last year I ran into the same thing. I ultimately contacted the TCI tire store in Nashville (the Prevost capital of the South) and they had 80 in stock. I had my local TCI store contact them and I paid an additional 80 bucks for shipping from Nashville to Kingsport, Tn and I got 4 tires!!

I had enough of this national back order story.

I used the FMCA program at the local TCI store too.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

I have heard that 315s are available, but may not be at every dealer. When I'm doing a scheduled tire change I opt for a national distributor that doesn't mind doing buses. I have used TCI Orlando twice and TCI Dothan once. In all three cases the tire changes went as planned and I always bought under the Michelin Advantage Program through FMCA program. I believe TCI is owned by Michelin, or so I've been told. I know that when you buy tires here they will most likely be fresh.

As for changing to a different tire, I'd prefer not to. One person said their dealer suggested XZA1 tires. I didn't know this older tire was even still produced. As for XDN2 tires, the Michelin site doesn't show those available in 315.

Why not go for the Michelin X-on on the drives? These look really cool and are optionally available on new Prevosts. Some won't do it because of the increased extent of damage if you have a blow-out. They do make a valid point. Any blow-out may result in significant damage anyway.

Call the TCI Tire Center closest to you.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

FYI for those that live on the West coast, TCI has one (1) 315 in Phoenix and four (4) in Tennessee. This per the sales rep in the Portland,Or store.