Thread: How do you repair or replace this dash switch?

Default How do you repair or replace this dash switch?

Recognize this?

These switches are on my Country Coach panel. They are yellow when OFF and change to green when ON.
    Nice, at a glance you can see nearly every device throughout the coach that is on or off.
    Problem is my FOG LIGHT switch "pictured" stays green all the time. The lights toggle on and off when this button is pressed, but
    the color never changes. Makes you think the fog lights are on when they are not.
    Then once you press it a few times you lose track and have to send the queen outside to tell you what you got,
    unless its dark outside.
    Anyone know how to remove, repair, replace one of these?

Thanks,

Barney
    Attached Images Attached Images

OK, I'm thinking.......If the Fog lights are activated by the switch, the wires are intact because the latch is flipped and the lights come on. Therefore, everything from the base of the switch must be good. Have you tried pulling the bulb portion of the switch out and swapping it with a Curb Light switch ?

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

That is a bi color bulb led. Needle nose pliers pulls the square plastic cover and same needle nose pulls the bulb too.
    Bulbs r 5bucks a piece

Jim leading you down the right path. There are 2 LEDs in those covers, one red and one green. The green one obviously works. When those switches are of both red and green should be on; that's why they appear yellow. It's likely the contacts between the switch cover and the switch needing cleaning. As Jim said, replace it with a known good. If that works you likely have an unused switch you can swap the cover for.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Default More Photos of the switch

Ok, I pulled the cover, heres whats inside ( photos below). There were several blanks unused so I swapped it out, problem solved.
    No ID info on the part, but I expect sooner or later we are gonna need some spares. So, if you come across where to get these please
    let me know too. I see a lot of these on various machines, maybe a common name, but I don't know it.
    Joe, you said $5 , where?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is the manufacturer's site: http://www.sunmulon.co.jp/english/pr...h_e/index.html

I think Miles has several and may be your best source of supply.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion