Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Riveted Prevost and Slides

As I understand the history, the non Prevost slides were installed at Prevost with the slide manufacturer. This was just a few slides, driven by a single converter, and before Prevost got into building there own slides. The converter may have been Marathon, but I don't really remember.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

You didn't get off the thread,
    He said he was looking for a riveted coach so we were discussing slides, as Prevost didn't install them at the time,
    Your coach was probably built in 2006 if I were to guess so going on 9 yrs old and sounds like it's been a fine coach and also it is very nice looking,
    I was just voicing my opinion on slides , But yet the slides like the other 1000 things on the bus are very important,
    Respectfully, I don't believe you can make a blanket statement if you have a Prevost factory slide you will never have a problem ?????
    And I don't know what IMHO stands for I would have to ask my kids .)

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley
    One Chocalate Lab " Rooster " Our Baby !!!

In My Humble Opinion.

Never made a blanket statement, I would prefer Prevost slides.

My bus is a 2006 chasis and Marathon sold it in Oct of 2007 so it has been on the road for 6.5 years.

Thank you for the compliment.

Later
    bv

Bernie & Deborah
    2019 Marathon X3 #1291
    2019 Intech Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by Gil_J View Post
    As I understand the history, the non Prevost slides were installed at Prevost with the slide manufacturer. This was just a few slides, driven by a single converter, and before Prevost got into building there own slides. The converter may have been Marathon, but I don't really remember.
    All the early H series Prevost had HWH slides with regular seals... no air seals ... Prevost didn't build an H with Prevost slides until the mid 2000s I believe.. we just looked at a 2004 Vantare with HWH slides... not sure exactly when that changed. Ours was one of the first ones built with 2 slides... Love them !!!

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

So Bernie,
    Are you still running the factory tires and batteries ?
    Just curious ?

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley

Larry,
    What year is your coach, nice looker ,

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley

No, tires Feb 2013
    Batteries May 2012

Later
    bv

Bernie & Deborah
    2019 Marathon X3 #1291
    2019 Intech Stacker

The first year of production of IFS coaches (late 1996 & 1997), it was an option. There are still some coaches that are 1997 chassis that have I-beam front suspension. Take a look to verify.
    Y-7040 was the first Prevost shell that was an XL2, except for a few prototype coaches for sliderooms.

Prevost did not officially start shipping out their "factory slide" coaches for almost another year (2001 model shells).

Prevost has never installed slideouts on 40-ft shells, but did work with HWH Corporation in the 1990's and Valid Manufacturing in the mid 2000's as they installed slides.

There are some rivetted XL's with slides, primarily Vantares or Marathons.

Vantare, after being purchased by Featherlite trailers, began their slide program using HWH hydraulics under the engineering and direction of the Cresco, Iowa Featherlite headquarters.
    Marathon began their slide program around the same time with Rogue, another Oregon company, and later HWH, followed by Valid Manufacturing in the 2000's.
    Ben Cummings
    U.S.A. Luxury Coaches, LLC
    Clearwater, FL