Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New guy

Default New guy

Hey everyone, just thought I would say hi. Started looking at prevost buses about a year ago. Right now we just have an older Newmar. I can't even look at newer plastic coaches anymore after lusting over these coaches. Sounds dumb when a 10 year old coach is more exciting than a brand new plastic motorhome. Hopefully I can find a coach I want and can officially join the club. Thanks, Dallas.

Dallas,

Welcome to the site. You will find we all have many things in common. I just purchased my third Prevost (1998 American Carriage). My last one was a 99 Country Coach and my first one was a 93 Marathon. They each have their pros and cons when compared to each other. The main commonality is they are all Prevosts, and it is true that nothing rides/drives like a Prevost. Continue your search, and hopefully you will soon find that bus that is "just right" for you. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have. Once again, welcome to the POG family.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Dallas, not dumb at all ! It took most of us a fair amount of time and many wasted dollars to realize that almost any used Prevost is better than ANY plastic motorhome. Welcome and enjoy the search. Do your research, comb previous threads(here and on the other site) and ask questions(there are no dumb ones) here.
    Corey Grubb & George Prentice
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Will & Grace-fierce felines
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

Dallas, I went from a 42-foot 2008 Beaver Contessa to a 99 Country Conversion (Dale's second Prevost). It has been 2 years and we've been from Florida to Alaska with no regrets.

Welcome to the POG family,

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Hey Dallas - Had to jump in here with my sales hat on - I've got what is possibly the best "starter" Prevost in the country on my lot right now - It is a '97 40' Liberty with "bus air" - Some of the POGGERS know this coach - It belongs to an original POGGER, Ben Wilmore, Of the "Where's Ben" thread. It's a pretty exceptional coach ( IMO ). Take a look on www.parliamentmotorcoach.com and give me a call.
    Ken Robertson
    Parliament Motor Coach - 727-748-5986

HI Dallas. Being the New Guy definitely has its privileges. You will get special attention from all POG members. We will live out our dreams vicariously helping you on your Journey to find that special Prevost. There are many good coaches out there and it is still a good buyers market although I here rumors its starting to turn. So, jump right in and ask away. We will be happy to help you spend your money. That's what we do best.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Thanks all for the warm welcome. The search is on..

Dallas, Check your PM's (Personal Messages)

Quote Originally Posted by coreygrubb View Post
    It took most of us a fair amount of time and many wasted dollars to realize that almost any used Prevost is better than ANY plastic motorhome.
    We hope to skip the fiberglass/sticks & staples experience and cost ... going straight to drinking the top shelf nectar of a Prevost. Fortunately I traveled two decades ago with Prevost master who trained me well.

Dallas,
    Welcome aboard this will be the best $50.00 you ever spent joining,
    My coach is over 14 yrs old and I still love it,
    When I put the indicator on in traffic it usually parts , a nice prevost is a real head Turner as anyone else can probably tell you it's hard to fill up with fuel without inquiring minds',
    For an example a buddy of mine has close to a $300,000 coach maybe $250,000 it's now 2 years old 3 slides one full side fire place j couch beautiful , now out of warrantee
    major slide problems broken gears the other slide broke a 5 " wire loom!! They can't seem to fix it,they actually told them to quit locking the slides and it might help ?? it will always be a crap shoot if they go out or in, all awnings replaced shower cracked manual shaded fell off ,
    Both doors the outside and screen door are broken and they just vacation in it with no kids, We live in our bus full time,
    Don't get me wrong there is always something to do if you want to keep a nice coach that will last you a lifetime !!!!!!
    And in the Moutains the old series 60 really shines ! !!!! What a ride they drive there self ,,,,,
    Good luck in your search we looked 5 yrs before buying , I joined POG after we bought I was lucky and received a good coach but there are some real smart people on this sight you started out right,

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley
    One Chocalate Lab " Rooster " Our Baby !!!