Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Still needing some free advice from the forum gurus

Here we go again with the delam issue. Not all have it. Mine is an 06 chasis and has no signs of it and I know of others with no issues. It is absolutely something to check but I sure wouldn't rule out something pre 2010. I've seen H's with glue shot in the sides and a strap around the whole bus like a big xmas bow compressing it to dry. That was a few years ago and I'm sure there doing it differently now.

Later
    bv

Bernie & Deborah
    2019 Marathon X3 #1291
    2019 Intech Stacker

Hi all
    I have been a regular lurker on the forum since my last post, and I have been looking at a lot of coaches on line. Meanwhile, I sold my motorhome (my fourth one), and I am without an RV for the first time since 1998. I am already not liking that situation.
    So, while I have been looking and learning, I have not pursued a purchase because I did not want to own two coaches. Now I can really shop to buy, although I still struggle with slide vs. non slide, XL vs. H, etc.
    Meanwhile, I have been looking specifically at a 2003 Liberty Elegant Lady that is offered by Olympia. Does anybody have the inside scoop on this coach. It seems to be spending quite a bit of time in the shop....

It sure is a good looking coach. I did notice that it hasn't had the latest delamination fix, which simply mean it has no leaks. I also see that at least some TVs are dated, without digital tuners. New tires and batteries is a big...$9K....plus.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Back to the topic: Recommended Prevost inspectors.

For Marathon conversions, I nominate Rick May at Parliament Coach. He was Marathon's Eastern Sales Manager for many years.

For Featherlight conversons, Donnie Myers is the one. Ex-Featherlight manager.

I have nothing but positive things to relate about Prevost Jacksonville, but they don't like to get into what they call "converter specific" issues.

Rick May is likeliest your one-stop inspector. Have no idea what it would cost.
    Last edited by tommybahama; 05-31-2014 at 10:40 AM.

David, you are right on all counts. I would also include Ben Cumming on anything Vantare, in fact between Rick and Ben, you can have them inspect any conversion. I would also recommend Jeff Rowe at East Tennessee Luxury Coach especially for Liberty. Geo
    Corey Grubb & George Prentice
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Will & Grace-fierce felines
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

I highly recommend Jeff Rowe also. We just bought a 1999 Liberty XLV with his assistance. Nothing stumped him. He started working on Prevosts at Buddy Gregg's in 1990 and then for Liberty for a long time. Good luck!