Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FMCA Indio Rally

Default FMCA Indio Rally

We are at the FMCA Western Regional Rally in Indio, anyone else from the group at the rally?

Mike and Dee Clark

dalej Guest

Default Question...

We just joined FMCA, owned a bus since 1998, thought it would be a good idea. We didn't know what benifit it would have. Does anyone in this forum think that this was a good idea also? I like the magazine but I'm thinking that it might be the biggest benifit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Dale and Jan. I have been a member since 1999 I believe and I have been to several Conventions in Pomona ,California. I am a R V Junkie so I Love the large Rally's and Conventions. There are so many people to meet . The
    RV show and the Vendors are out in full force. There is a Carnival like atmosphere to the whole thing. The Mag is great and full of info and articles.
    Gary
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

lewpopp Guest

Dale,

What took you so long to join FMCA?

I guess I've been to more notional rallys than you've had hot meals. Welcome aboard. I loved going to see all the junk we could buy for the coach and whatever. We have a nearby rally in Perry Ga but I've been to 3 there already. We've done all of the sightseeing we can handle in that area.

Your FMCA # is a bit higher than mine. I joined in 79 I think. It is 33300. But I have an elderly ass along with all of the other malfunctioning parts.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

We think the benefit from joining FMCA is the CoachNet road service program. It covers your camper and tow vehicles. They have a great service and we haven't been afraid to use it over the years. It is about $300/year, but considering that most of the big boy trucks that are used to tow a camper bill out at about $210/hour, it's good back up.

dalej Guest

Jeff, I seen the FMCA emergency roadside assistance for 238.50 for 3 years, is that what your talking about?

Can or should I toss the rest of the stuff? can't see needing that big book with members.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Yup, that's the Coach Net service and I think it's a good deal. As to the Big Book, we found it to be totally useless. As most things in FMCA these days, it seems to be more about grabbing dollars from the manufacturers (advertising and rally space) than much else. There's a discussion over on Prevost-stuff about FMCA. The organization has moved from a 'Family' deal to identifying revenue sources and milking them to the max.

For those new to camping, there are occasional articles in the magazine that are of interest.

For those of us driving around in stainless coaches (Paper or plastic? in the case of others), the converters are looking more to groups like POG as better venues for getting out the word.

It's my suspicion that once the first Prevost converter gives FMCA the heave-ho, you'll see a mass exodus.

lewpopp Guest

JEEPERS JEFF !!!!!!

Don't get excited, this isn't a Harry message.

The price you gave for Coach Net isn't $300 a year. Dale was closer to it being for 3 years at that price.

Maybe you prefer to pay that for one year because of the silver sides.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Lew, when you're right, you're right. I looked at it is $300 for THREE years.

When I used Mango's credit card for the $300/year deal it must have been for something else.

Sorry for the mistake. Hard to keep up with your sharp accounting.

The Prevost Prouds are a Chapter of FMCA which keeps the Prevost Convertors participating. My FMCA #301530 , joined in 98 or 99, I dont remember exactly but if Lew joined in the 70's, he got to be in the low 100000's. I have met members who joined in the beginning and have numbers in the low 1000's (4 digits). Thats just to say FMCA is very big and defines the RV Lifestyle , as does Good Sams. The last time I purchased Coach Net, it was lees than $100.00 for one year. Gary
    Last edited by garyde; 02-02-2007 at 10:05 PM.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide