Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Shocks

Default New Shocks

I installed new shocks Monroe from Prevost at 100000 miles they made noticeable difference thanks Dany

New Shocks are great. An relatively inexpensive way of improving your ride.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

I did it at 35,000 miles,WHAT a difference.

Replacing shocks is on my short list. What shocks are recommended as replacements?

I replaced most of mine (Steer & Drive) last spring and used the Monroe "yellows" from Prevost. (per Joe Campers advice) I think they were less than $50 each. BIG difference in ride control. I think he recommended replacement of the fronts fairly frequently - can't remember his recommendation at the moment.(help me out Joe)

I used the Konis Red ones that are adjustable and they also were purchased from Prevost Parts,they had the best price including freight that I could find at that time.
    Last edited by jack14r; 02-16-2014 at 07:18 PM.

The front schocks are about $88.00 each mine came with bushings also Prevost has a special going on after I purchased mine still reasonable rear $48.00 I remember thanks Dany

If U have a straight axle and currently only have a 2 shock steer axle there is an upgrade.

If U have lots of miles behind the wheel U R gonna love I,t huge difference.

It couldn't be easier. The threaded holes needed for posts for the additional 2 shocks R there and protected by big bolts installed at the factory just waiting to be pulled for your upgrade.

I had 4 on my XL. if U noticed a big difference with new replacements and everyone does, U will be kicking yourself for not putting 4 shocks on your straight axle sooner.

Danny your fronts were more because of your IFS. Straight axles use the same as the rear.

I would replace the fronts every 20 thousand the rears can hold up a great deal longer depending on the roads U travel. It would not surprise me to see rears go 50000 and more.

Used to have to order the shock pin bushing kit with front shocks for IFS but now the shock comes with them already.

I went with Koni shocks on the front. The originals had almost zero resistance in either the push or pull direction.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

I am in the beginnings of replacing bags and shocks. Got wrong bags and need to return. I had read to use 630-249 for front and tag and also got wrong drive pn from an old forum posting (630-104)
    Prevost now says 151 in front on IFS, 630-260 drives and 630-259 tag. I took off the 650407 drive shock and the larger end, which the tube goes INTO, says on the larger tube- "this end down"
    seems upside down from any shock I ever installed. would collect debris . comments?