Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bus Cover

Default Bus Cover

I have to park my bus outside for a few weeks. I am trying to determine if I should use a soft cover to keep the sun/rain off the bus? I will have to cut small holes whree I have antennas.

My concern is that if the cover flops around any at all it might damage my paint, especially the murial on the back. I already have a cover that will fit, I just don't want to scratch my paint in the process. Has anyone else used a soft cover on their Prevost?
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

dalej Guest

Dale, my vote...no

I side with Dale on this also.

I guess I will just try to do a good wax job on the bus. Has anyone else used the Metal and Top wax as described on the Prevost.com site. I see that Fast Roger seems to have excellent results from the metal wax, but I am wondering about the Top wax. Is this brand really superior to other waxes?
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Dale,

Don't do the cover... I had one on a plastic coach years ago before I built my garage and moisture accumulated between the cover and the motorhome. Also flapped around, hard to get it tight and anything sharp on the roof would rub holes in the cover. I hated it and removed after only a few weeks.

Default Metal Wax

Roadrunner: Thanks for the comment on the results I have obtained. But to respond to your question: No to the cover, don't do it. Use regular automotive wax on the the roof (I use Mequiars "quick Wax" -its cheap and ez, none seem to last forever. - the metal wax is for the SS & unpainted polished metals only. And I must add elbow grease is nescessary.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Talking Hand Wax This Beast

You MEAN I am going to have to HAND WAX this monster when I buy one???

Not one of you guys ever told me I was going to have to WAX this beast, as well as, change air bags, regulators, batteries, tires, belts, and DUMP the Black Holding tank......? Shissssh, what am I getting myself in to?

Gary

ken&ellen Guest

Default No Cover!

I had a cover once and can only echo Tom. Scratches were the least of the problems. We are building a garage here in Georgia.......no church of Brotherly Love convenient to our home........sorry Mike.
    Ken & Ellen

Gary... Nice to chat with you last week... Yes, you or your bride will be doing the wax on wax off dance unless that is unless you get yourself a slave. That's what I did a few years ago and now I can't get rid of him!!!! He says he just loves to rub ss.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Rodger If we ever get togeather I am going to have to ask you for a demonstration on the correct way to WAX A ROOF

I'm thinking I'll need a comfortable recliner and about a 12-pack to get through the demonstration

Ray didnt you say you needed another demonstration for POGIII?

The cover question? Had 1 once and it snowed, thawed a little, then refroze and had to run the furnace for a couple of days on an old camper we had just to get it off-no good.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 01-10-2007 at 08:24 PM.