Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jeep owners group !!

Put my Rock hard bumper on the jeep this weekend. Was super light compared to the original steel one, well built, easy to install and tow hooks will be super easy to get at. Have nothing to say other than should be great for goin' down the road.

We have a 2016 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. Purchased it specifically to tow behind the motorhome.

Reese

Quote Originally Posted by TheGadgetGuru View Post
    I'm towing a 2017 Wrangler with an automatic transmission. While I don't want to jinx it, with 7,000 miles behind the bus, so far, no issues. It connects and disconnects in just a few minutes.
    I have a 2015 4 Door JK with an auto trans. when you tow, do you put both the tranny and transfer case in neutral? I have been towing my 06 TJ 5spd manual in neutral and transfer case in neutral on a tow dolly with no issues, just wondering about the auto trans... Thanks!

I own two Jeeps, a 2006 TJ and a 2015 JK 4 door, both lifter 3.5" and running 35" tires. So... noticing that I am not the only one towing a Jeep, I sent a letter to Jeep, with a new sales slogan and idea for a commercial. Its a Jeep behind a Prevost, the slogan is "Jeep, the most towed vehicle in America". Well, my wife thought it was catchy, but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for them to reply!

I to tow a jeep 2014 4 door the way you tow it with the transfer case in neutral and the tranny in park

OMG - TOM

Bus is gone, Jeep is going, please tell me your keeping the wife LOL

Chuck
    Chuck & Katrina
    2000 Featherlite
    H3-45 Double slide
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel

I posted a few pictures from recent Jeep trips (this summer) to Stillwater Ranch Off-Road Park near Llano, Texas, Hidden Falls Adventure Park near Marble Falls, TX and Katemcy Rocks (K2) near Mason, TX on the Jeep Owners Group page. The white Jeep is a 2000 TJ on 35s also known as Dumb Jeep 1.0. The gray Jeep is a 2004 LJ stretched 8-inches on 43s known as Dumber Jeep 2.0. We are heading to Moab tomorrow for a week of wheeling. Towed Dumb Jeep 1.0 four wheels down for about 8 years (transfer case in neutral, transmission in park). Now both Jeeps are trailer queens. If you are interested in some fun Jeep video's check out the Facebook page for Otis McNeuvo (my alter ego and the only way I would be on Facebook).
    Last edited by Loc; 10-08-2019 at 06:12 PM.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston