Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeep owners group !!

Default Jeep owners group !!

We have 11 members in the Jeep Owners group and 9 posted Photos !!
    Would love to hear about some good wheeling in your area and see some more pics !!
    Or some info on new equipment !!
    post in the group !!

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley
    One Chocalate Lab " Rooster " Our Baby !!!

Just posted 3 good shots of me having some good fun rock climbing on u tube links in the jeep club forum !!!!
    Check them out and add some of your own !!!!!!

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley
    One Chocalate Lab " Rooster " Our Baby !!!

IMG_0208.JPG

Maybe someone will pick up on this post even though the topic is a year old.

I just bought a 2014 Jeep Wrangler and will tow it using a Blue Ox and a Brakemaster air brake system. My question is about a steering wheel lock. Does anyone know for sure that there is no lock on the steering in this vehicle? The manual states "if equipped", but I haven't found positive statements either way.

BTW: which Jeep owners group? There seems to be several.
    Last edited by Grizz; 02-01-2015 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Add photo
    Grizz, Sandy & Katie-bug
    2001 Marathon H3-45, 2S

Griffie and Affie
    My beloved pets, may they rest in peace!

I have a 2013 Wrangler Sahara and have towed it many many miles behind my 2008 H3-45. I use a Roadmaster tow bar. The Jeep does not a steering wheel lock. Prior To this jeep I had an 06 Wrangler and always left the wheel lock disengaged. Never an issue. I think this is best. This way the jeep will follow the coach instead of being dragged around the corners.

Gary Jones

The way I understand it, if it's an automatic transmission there is no steering lock, this is due to how many theft deterrent items are required. If it's a manual transmission the steering locks because the foot on the brake to take it out of park is not an option as the one of the deterrents. I may be wrong but that's what I believe to be true base on when I started towing my 2013 Wrangler Sahara and did my research.

Dave

I'm towing a 2017 Wrangler with an automatic transmission. While I don't want to jinx it, with 7,000 miles behind the bus, so far, no issues. It connects and disconnects in just a few minutes.

Good morning,

Currently looking to toad a jeep. I am considering a manual transmission for my jeep. Looked at a few this weekend. Have folks upgraded their front bumpers to eliminate the need for a receiver plate? If so, which front bumpers do you recommend?

Cant Recommend yet, but I just purchased a front bumper that I am using as a toad. It came with an online recommendation and I liked that it was built to add the tow bar connections directly to the front of the bumper. It is a Patriot bumper from Rock Hard 4 x 4. I will post more info after I install it next weekend and then use it in July!

Alex,

I have a 2016 Wrangler for Sale, 2 door, hard top with 10,900 miles with Blue Ox.
    Jeep for Sale

Default Rock Hard Bumper

I purchased the Rock Hard bumper (aluminum W/winch mount) after seeing it advertised in FMCA magazine and doing some online research. Very happy with it. Aluminum bumper is very lightweight, easy to install, looks good, and no baseplate required with the towbar mounts directly thru the bumper into the frame. 2016 Rubicon, towed about 7000 miles since October 2016. two thumbs up!