Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LED 'Flow'

Default Jon & LEDS

Mango, Tom:

Do you see the effects of hanging around with me? Next thing you know he will be trading his low mile Mercedes for a BMW.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Don't look for big things to happen quickly from the dark side. I am still not sure personal computers will catch on so I am going slow here too.

Roger,

Now I'm worried, I thought he was the last hold out with me on the dark side, but now I wonder if his priorities are getting a little out of wack. I think the belt buckle put him over the edge!

dalej Guest

Guys here is a little experiment that I did with 1157 bulbs. I hope this sheds some light on this subject.

Noted: I have seen LED 1157s that just have their LEDs facing out, so what Mike is saying is true. Superbrightleds.com sells these type and I have seen these in auto parts stores. They sell for around 30 percent less then the ones we sell for Trux.

Check it out at.... http://midwestleds.com/1157LEDtails
    Last edited by dalej; 01-10-2007 at 08:19 PM.

Jon.. check out the lights from Bus Parts in Orlando. I can show them to you next month at Liberty. They were a 10 minute bolt and plug.

TB, I'll want to see them. I like what dale showed. Most of the LEDs I've seen haven't worked well with conventional lenses because the pattern was optimized for a filament and the reflector based on that filament position, whereas what Dale shows is much closer to the light distribution of a filament bulb, but with the crispness of an LED.

But what will I do with my supply of bulbs????????

Jon, Usem up wear em out makem do or do without. JIM

Post More light on LED,s

Just Plain Jeff;Mango shares with us the following (from some other, totally unrelated thread):

Now I'm the first guy to promote a full scale LED attack. However, at the risk of bringing down the ire of my peers, I have to comment on taillight LED's.

Unless your doing what Dale did on his bus (very nice job by the way - your wife must've done the work) by replacing the entire fixture I would not just subsititure LED bulbs for the existing bulbs in the same fixture. Reason being is the new LED bulbs do not provide an even "flow" across the lens fixture. It's more of a concentrated light bead in the center of the lens that from a couple of car lengths behind the coach just doesn't quite look right.

I'm in Jon's Dark Side camp on this one.

Mike

Let the flamin' begin.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

The purpose of this thread, and certainly it will stay on topic, is to better understand the term of 'flow.' Are we talking an aesthetic, thermodynamic or electronic flux capacitance issue here. Before someone launches a frontal attack, we need a better definition of terms here.

How the heck can a guy driving his bus know what it looks like a couple of car lengths behind? Perhaps, instead, this is a commentary on someone else's handy work?

Help me understand, this is all NEWBIE to us at this end.

Creepers, when we hit 40, we won't be able to keep pace with y'all.
    .................................................. .............................................
    Here is a site that will probably tell you more about LED,s than you want to know, but I am sure there are some that will enjoy some part. JIM
    http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...onic/leds.html

Did someone call in an airstrike? Radially mounted LEDs in the new bulbs provide lots of light for lens coverage and reflectivity.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/tail-brake-turn.html

Whack, he hits it waaay out of the park.

LEDs = 1
    Dark Side=0

Stay on the dark side boys, don't let these LED weenies get ya!