Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Webasto Operating Question - CC XL

Barney,

Assuming the 2000 is like the 1999, I think you will find the fan speed on the bank of switches above your refrigerator.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

I HATE THE "REPLY TO THREAD" button still being visible when composing a reply! Let me try this again :-(

Note to self, Review what you've written before submitting. Barney I had an error that is likely causing you your issue.

There are 2 main Webasto heating control systems.
    -- Central Heat: This controls heat in the basement regulated through a basement thermostat and heating for domestic hot water which is activated when the hot water heater switches are on. To activate this system the "Central Heat Control" switch above the driver's position must be on.
    -- Interior Heat: This controls heat inside the coach delivered through 3 heat exchangers. To activate this system the air conditioner controller needs to be set to Zone 1 and/or 3 and the "Interior Heat Control" switch above the drivers position needs to be on. You may notice that you can't activate the interior heat control switch even though you have set the thermostat to Furnace position. This is likely due to the fact that the thermostat has a delay before engaging the furnace; just wait a minute and try again.

To control the flow of heat in the coach there are three Webasto heat exchangers, Dash, Galley, and Bedroom. Each has a switch that is used to select low or high speed. With the switch off (yellow) the fan is on high speed. On (green) is low speed. I believe Zone 1 activates the dash and galley heat exchangers and Zone 3 the bedroom heat exchanger.

There is also Prevost dash heat. This uses the engine's heat, through distribution of coolant, to heat the dash area. This dash heat exchanger is not the same as the dash heat exchanger supported by the Webasto. It is controlled with the temperature and fan speed knobs (not the fan speed switches) to the right of the driver. Although not required, the circulator pump switch will increase the flow of coolant to the heat exchanger which also results in a more even flow of heated coolant.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Gil, Very well written. You are a good Teacher.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

OUTSTANDING! Thanks again for taking time to help make life easier.

Gil, I do not check these items too often but noticed that you stated earlier that the heat exchanger fan speeds are set by a panel button? Where is the button and what does it state on the cover? I am not certain that mine has that function but do note a slow down in fan speed when I turn on the kitchen heat exchanger.
    Thank you,
    Pres

Pres, that button doesn't turn on the kitchen heat exchanger. The heat exchangers inside are activated by the interior heat control button above tge driver and the AC thermostat by putting it in furnance mode for zones 1 and 3.

The kitchen, dash, and bedroom heat exchanger buttons only change the associated fan speed from high (yellow button light) to low speed speed (green button light).

I hope this helps,

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Thanks Gill for all your info. I am a new owner of a 2000 cc and have some questions on the webest heating system. When I first got the coach I had trouble getting the webest to fire. I sent it of got it repaired and now fires with no problem. However it makes a sporadic poping noise like droping water on a hot skillet. I only last a couple of minutes but is very anoying when you are trying to sleep above it. I supect the sporadic part is the solenoid opening as the tstat calls for heat? Any thoughts? Also the heat coming out of the heat exchangers is not very hot, i was able to warm it up a bit by changing the speed per your prevoius post but still not very warm. I checked fluid and it is ok, opened the auto vent to bleed air and it seam ok. Help? Per your previous post you said the central heat controll for the basement and wh was optional - my owners book says it has to be on for the interior heat to work. Which is? Same question about the circulating pump? Also do the fans on the heat exchangers never shut off?

Thanks - PaPa Jo

Wow, so sorry for the horible spelling and grammer.

Thought I would post an update on my hydronic heating issues. With florida cold snap coming I figured I had better take another look at this yestegrday. If you recall I was having trouble getting heat out of my interior heat exchangers and when operating the webesto made a horible boiling sound. I have two circulating pumps and acording to my manuel diagram one supplies the interior heat exchangers and the other the basement air. Eerything switch wise works exactly like Gills has explaned. When I turn everything on and one of the pumps starts up imediately and the webesto fires up - thats where things go squirly - once the heater comes up to temperature it starts the boiling sound. The aha moment came at this point, I think my circulating pump (although running) is not pumping. To double check this I jumpered the second pump and once it was on the poping stopped and i got interior heat. I left the jumper in place and turned off everthing and went back to heat pumps last night. Today went back to fire up and the system had blown several fuses on the controll board. So I removed jumper and replaced fuses and back to where I was. So hear are my questions now: Which pump is suposed to be for the interior and which for the basement? Has anyone taken one of these pumps apart or replaced it? I wonder if the pump impeller is just loose? Why can I not tempoarily run a 12 volt line to the second pump to get me by the cold snap? Or switch wires to pumps so second runs? Any idea where I can get replacement pump?? Help!! Freezing in Florida! Do you think heat pumps will work tonight at 27 degrees?
    Last edited by Papa Jo; 02-19-2015 at 08:47 PM.

After further study of the system piping diagram it apears the main pump should turn on when any of the areas call for heat (Water heater, Water Bay, or Interior heat). If the main pump does not run the interior heat pump would have to push through that pump which is in the return line. In other words whenever the interior heat pump is turned on the main pump should come on as well? If this is so - maybe their is another problem other than the pump. Is their something on the controll board that should be sending power to it as well? I do not have power at that pump (brown wire). The other pump that works is Blue wire.