Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Webasto Operating Question - CC XL

Default Webasto Operating Question - CC XL

11/4

Hi to Country Coach XL owners. I found very little in the publications with my coach about the Webasto. Getting into the 20's a week ago was a wake-up call. The new DuoTherms worked well on the heat pump cycle and brought it up from the 40's to 70 in no time. I have the Webasto system. Checked threads I could find. Seems as though some work from the thermostat; others have on or two separate just for the Webasto. I do not see separate controls. I do have Webasto/Heat button/switches overhead in the cockpit. Do I just fire up and off as needed? I do not see any temp adjust panels...... Thank you if you can help.

Sincerely,

Doug
    Nash XL

1999 Country Coach

Doug,

I don't remember the settings, but there are very specific guidelines for getting the system working properly. Jim K. or Gil can give you those instructions.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Doug, after you start it with the button you mention, you set your thermostat to furnace mode in zones 1&3 and set the temp.You also have to turn the heat exchande buttons on up front, in the galley and in the bedroom.
    Last edited by coreygrubb; 11-04-2013 at 04:43 PM.
    Corey Grubb & George Prentice
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Will & Grace-fierce felines
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

Hi Corey. Holy Crap Batman! Makes me yearn for the days of our low brow Class A with gas heat. Separate thermostat, set it for the coach and basement.
    Does the system work well if operating properly?
    Follow-up question. They installed the new digital Dometic thermostat with the new A/C/Heat Pumps. My zones for the three are 2,3 & 4. One doe not have a function. guess I should call Excaliber about this for the Webasto settings.
    Did you guys get the coach to the shop for the cosmetic touch-up (being positive). Too nice looking to leave roughed up. I thought you said it was going in after Branson.

Sincerely,
    Doug NashXL

Doug, whatever zones have a furnace mode. Our thermostat has it on 2 zones. Basement automatic. Make sure all your heat exchangers are on. Coach has been at Walter de Andrea since Oct. 24. You comming to Fla. at all this winter ?
    Corey Grubb & George Prentice
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Will & Grace-fierce felines
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

Corey -
    I checked with Doug. Since my new therm is on 2,3 & 4 the Webasto is on 2 & 4. I'm gonna give it a try. Thanks for the help. Will be in and out of Tampa for my company. Not sure about bringing the XL through KY and TN and the fog and icy mountains in winter. May have to buck up and fly more. May head to Austin next week for the Formula 1 and support races. Still have a few 57' x 20' MH spots left. $998. for five days and you get 4 - $169 all weekend general passes. It is supposed to be a party blast. 1,156 miles according to google so I need to decide. I know it will be warmer down there!
    Doug

Doug,

-- Set your thermostats for Furnace and adjust the temperature. Only your first and last zone has a furnace mode (you knew that). Why yours are numbered 2-4 makes no sense.
    -- Turn on Interior Heat Control above driver's seat. You may have to wait for the thermostat to activate the furnace function.
    -- Adjust the heat exchanger fan speeds (dash, galley, and bedroom). These are panel controlled.

As already stated, the basement heat is automatic after turning on the Central Heat control. Here's one you may not know (I didn't). When the central heat control is on, it will heat the hot water if you turn on the hot water heaters. Shore or generator power not necessary.
    Last edited by Gil_J; 12-12-2013 at 12:44 PM.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

11/5

Gil,

Thanks as always. That's a cool system of heating water with three ways; the Webasto; over the road (it gets really hot with ours) and the heater elements.

BTW - I left you a note on the shower mixer valve thread. Turned out Alson's (now a Delta company with the name being fazed out) uses a Price Pfister mixing valve. I did have the plastic hot water limiter on the old vlave; but removed the valve anyway (the original is in two pieces; the current replacement is a one piece). Glad I did for $30. The two old rubber gaskets that seal the valve to the plumbing main were pretty disintegrated and calcified. Cleaned well with Lime Away, replaced everything (left the limiter off) and now have almost instant hot water. No wasting gallons waiting for the water to get luke warm and still not have a hot shower. Nice! Completely detailed the whole shower with Lime Away, vinegar on the glass, etc. and it looks brand new. Now all of the plumbing is done; faucets, sinks/traps, shower and water closet.Bath-shower.JPG

Sincerely,

Doug
    NashXL

Doug, do you want to clean and service my shower? Great job and I'm glad the shower fix was easy.

As for really hot water when heated by the engine, or Webasto for that matter, there is a solenoid that is suppose to turn off the circulating hot water at a specific temperature. I don't know what that temperature is. If it's not working you could have hot water the temperature of your engine coolant--not good or safe. You may want to verify they are working after your next drive. I'm guessing the automatic solenoids are set to about 140 degrees or less.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Hey Gil, Thanks to this post I just got my Webasto to fire up for the first time.
    Couple questions:
    Ok, I turned "ON" the central heat switch above the driver seat, the red "heater on" light came on.
    Next to this switch is one "interior heat exchangers" Turned it on also, but what happens if you don't?
    I can't figure out how to adjust the fan speeds? Are these the same fans that operate for OTR a/c?
    The switches on the dash near my right knee that have three speeds for a/c are inoperable in this state.
    I'm lost.

Barney
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil_J View Post
    Doug,

-- Turn on Central Heat Control above driver's seat.
    -- Set your thermostats for Furnace and adjust the temperature. Only your first and last zone has a furnace mode (you knew that). Why yours are numbered 2-4 makes no sense.
    -- Adjust the heat exchanger fan speeds (dash, galley, and bedroom). These are panel controlled.

As already stated, the basement heat is automatic after turning on the Central Heat control. Here's one you may not know (I didn't). When the central heat control is on, it will heat the hot water if you turn on the hot water heaters. Shore or generator power not necessary.