Thread: welding

Default welding

My son is an experienced welder and wants to weld a TV mount to the frame of our H3-45. The frame part supports the floor of the RV above the second storage compartment. What is the procedure to follow to prevent any damage to the RV from the welding process?

Thanks, Otto Rogers

I would not be plugged into shore power. Id have the inverters and house battery disconnect all off. Turn off the chassis disconnect for 12 and 24volt and Id also disconnect the 2 yellow 12 gauge wires that go to the d deck for the engine that r hooked directly to the chassis battery bank.

Prevost has a welding procedure. It requires that you discoonect the engine ECU at the engine and transmission ECU in the bay under the driver. It likely has other requirements I can't remember. I'd disconnect the ground wire for the chassis and house batteries. If your coach has any automated systems like a Crestron, intelitec, or other system, its ground your also be removed.
    Last edited by Gil_J; 10-24-2013 at 01:34 PM.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

thanks....Maybe I am in about third grade since I am starting to ask questions BEFORE I mess up....