Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the New Member Forum

Talking I resemble that remark

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Dave and Linda.

Welcome to the greatest Prevost site. Just be real careful because some of the folks that hang around here tend to be delusional. Read the posts and you will see what I mean.
    Hey wait a minute Jon, I resemble that remark ?

Welcome Dave and Linda

Gary S

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Well hello Linda and Dave. If ever in, or coming through Chicago please let us know.

Stelan73 Guest

The only "Liberty Handshake" I know relates to check book writers cramp and the Kool Aide always floweth.

Did they convince you to put in an order for your 2008 coach Steve?

It's only money.

Stelan73 Guest

They almost did but Ginger grabbed me by the ear, pulled me out of the dealership and locked me in the bus. I was at Liberty today and the final count for the weekend was 8 New and 2 Used. Not bad for a weekends work.

lewpopp Guest

A neighbor of mine purchased a Liberty H last year at that rally and came back with an XL this year. PHEW, brings the sweat to my brow.

Default Welcome Dave and Linda

Good to have you with us.

One of the "benefits" of living aboard is you dont have a spare bedroom.

Our coach will handle 6 for cocktails , 4 for dinner (and we prefer to do that outdoors on the patio) and sleeps two. Every once in a while the wife slips a grand child onto the couch, but it is rare. I love grandkids, just not for long periods of time. Nice to see them come AND go.

Mike and Karen

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Welcome to our new members!

You will find that there are occasional moments of cogent information being dispensed by a select few on this board and the rest of it is, well, just information.

Speaking of which, I am tracking down new information about an auto-spitter on the pressure side of the compressor. Seems as if that's an additional PM item.

Born and raised in NJ..Still live there..

Question New Member First Post..

Evening All,
    I don't have to test the waters here...after reading a good many posts throughout the Group...I'm ready for some opinions I probably won't like but I'm here anyway..because..
    I've been retired from my commercial bus driving 14 yrs. of experience since 1983..and after having owned 15 gas engine motor homes in my lifetime I still want to own my own diesel bus...even if I only get to drive it for one season..and I want it to be a Prevost or none at all..
    I presently still own two RV's...a 96 Coach House Dodge Class B and a 98 National Dolphin..There's no one anywhere with a worse case of "White Line Fever" than me..
    Jan 19th 07 I arrived back home in NJ after 5 months and 11,000 miles in that wee Coach House..that I bought so I could do mountains..I have a fear of heights that kept me from going West some 50 yrs..but I was as determined to see the West as I am to find a Prevost I can afford for my last rig..
    I came to POG knowing there's much I need to learn about owning a Prevost..Driving for Bus Compainies I never needed to learn a thing except how to unhang the gears I hung up..or call for a flatbed to be sent to pick me up if I broke down..but I also never needed to know much more to drive the 15 gas engine RV's I owned either..so why not make my dream come true..if I can..
    I'm here to try to make the best choice I can... hoping for your help in making that decision..I have to stay as close to the 100K mark as possible..especially with today's diesel prices and any kind of repairs..but I think today the dream can become a reality..and a few years ago I never thought it would.!!
    For a little about me I'm including a write up in "Road & Travel Magazine" that I was included in a couple of years ago..It just tells something about how it was for me way back in the 50's..but it also tells of my love of driving...

Scroll down to..."Beyond the call of duty" on the second page of this article..which is now in their archives..That's getting old too...lol..

http://www.roadandtravel.com/adventu...ngforwomen.htm

Hugs Always Viv aka..JourneyOne

Welcome to the asylum, Viv.

I think you will find a lot of Prevost conversions that are in good shape in the price range you have set for yourself.

If you are not mechanically inclined or lack the ability to evaluate an older coach (which will be in the late eighties range) you should try to get someone familiar with the Prevost and the converter to help you evaluate the coach.

The important thing will be to ignore colors, designs, and decor and zero in on the systems and condition of the coach and all that goes with it.

Don't hesitate to ask questions here. Sometimes we give real good answers, and sometimes we make things up, but we almost always answer.