Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the New Member Forum

tks18 Guest

Post Hi from a new member

We are Tom and Toni and own an '88 that I designed. it is a two bedroom, front kitchen with a center door. We love it. Just hit 105K miles. I will attempt to attach a few photos.

Here we go. . . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Really nice, very unique, we like that. Side isle also like that too. Like the added privacy of that when entertaining. Ours is a rear kitchen and I gotta tell ya I kinda like the idea of haven the food closer to the driver

Our Bus 008.jpg

Welcome to the club. Us folk with the older campers really need to band togeather around here. Same bus for 17 yr?

Tom,

Welcome aboard, great looking bus, I always liked the side entry.

ken&ellen Guest

Default Nice side entry

Very nice coach. I have a friend that has been looking for a side entry, but is not a fan of the Newell. Welcome to POG hope to see you and your coach at POG III. Ken & Ellen

tks18 Guest

Thanks for the welcome. We have always liked the front kitchen. The front passenger seat takes two and swivles and slides back up to the dash. A table flips out from the wall and there is a second seat that is behind the passenger that is elevated to provide view and forward seating for a total of five.

The living room seats 6 confortably. the dining area can make into a single bed and the living room can sleep another two. I can drop a shade down between the two (attached to the L sink cabs).

If Prevost would do a center door for me and push the slide back one bay, I would likd to try this same layout again. this time without the second 6x6 bedroom. I know of a converter that will do it, but I have not won the latto as of yet.

Tk

Welcome TOM & TONI, I like what you have accomplished. You indicate in your profile that you like woodworking. Did you do your own work in converting or just the design?

The side door is interesting I have never seen that in a Prevost.
    Did you add the door yourself or did you begin with it in place?

Will you be at POG3?

JIM

Tom,

Nice Bus! You obviously took a lot of time in determining future use as you laid out the floorplan. You should be proud as it looks great and is very unique.

Welcome to POG.

Mike

tks18 Guest

Prevost used to do extra things for the customers. Not so anymore. they charged 10k for the side door in 88 and wanted another 5 to close off the front. I left the front door in and built drawers in the step well. liked the idea of a extra escape hatch anyway.

tks18 Guest

Jim, I did not do any of the finish cabs. I did finish the interiors of them and all of the under bay cabs and slides, etc
    tks

Welcome Tom and Toni!

Bob has often mentioned the side entry door--I think he saw it on one of his initial coach searches? Very nice plan, particularly if you have kids, friends, other family traveling with you. I remember another inventive coach we saw photos of. A couple had small children and they made a drop down door through the floor of their coach and made one of the bays into a playroom I am sure they didn't use it while going down the road