Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the New Member Forum

Jon
    Roger may not drive at super cub speeds. My cub with 24 inch tundra tires or edo 2000 floats and very flat and long prop might not have been able to keep up with Roger. But then it would get off the ground in about 50 feet and land at about 30 MPH. That is what a cub is all about.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

[QUOTE=BrianE;14830]Ted,

Welcome to the nuthouse! As you can see, both the diverse and perverse are represented here, either one of which can switch hats in an instant. As you gain a little knowledge (our combined efforts) about these terrific machines, you and your bride will hopefully be entertained as well, (JDUB, Tom, you're on). There are no dumb questions on this forum however the answers are usually suspect unless they come from Jon.
    QUOTE]

Apparently Jon owes Brian serious money.

Brian just recognizes skill and wisdom when he sees it.

I should point out to Ted that this site is open to anybody with a $25.00 registration fee, and because it is so cheap we get wood shop workers with no intent to buy a coach, but who just like to stir the pot.

Ted, Ignore the little old guy with sawdust in his pants and pay attention to real bus owners who bring skills and knowledge to the table. You can separate the facts from the fertilizer as you read the various posts and it won't take long to understand we just humor some of the old guys with less than ten fingers.

Just kidding about the $25.00

It was really $10.00

Just Plain Jeff Guest

You paid to get onto this site?

For those who got in at the beginning and got the SDR, it's a free deal.

Otherwise that would be like paying for...ah, let me see...air?

JPJ, It is time to modify your location.

You no longer have a bus. You are rooted in your woodshop making sawdust and chopping off fingers.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Modify my location? I am where I am. Oh, and BTW, at this moment I don't have a camper. "It ain't over 'til it's over," Yogi Berra.

henryhighwood Guest

Thanks for the advice. I am sure it is good advice.
    Let's see, a prevost fanatic without a coach, but an accomplished woodworker?
    Could it be a new conversion is taking shape and just waiting for the right shell to slip into?

lewpopp Guest

Now who said that JPJ was an accomplished woodworker.

He is an accomplished Prevost salesman!!!

I like JPJ and Helen because of his MENDACITY and he doesn't talk about flying on a Prevost forum. SO THERE !!!!

Lew

Born and raised in NJ..Still live there..

Default Just can't set back and not get into this airplane discussion.

Hello Everyone,
    I've been offline for a week today...no Comcast land line and no Comcast puter either...I keep Earthlink as well as Comcast..so when I'm on the road in a rig I can get on-line on my laptop...but with no phone I could do nothing..lucky I had the Dolphin...went camping for a few days...took a girlfriend, her daughter, and each of our dogs...all three...!!!
    I'm back an itching to type...about Pre's...
    Then I saw all this chat about flying...
    One time many years ago a friend took the flying course the Gov't offered mustered out servicemen...and I got a chance to go up with the him and the instructor...a few times...
    AND the instructor, Ted... let me fly it...I had a ball...It was at Hanover Airport in, NJ...and I know the two planes we went up in that he let me try out...were a Piper Cub and a Cessna 8...Bet that tells you guys how long ago that was...That's all I remember ...I was too poor then and now to think about getting a license much less a plane...but it was wonderful...and I've never even heard anyone talk planes again until today...
    You sure made my day after being off line and needing that fix for a whole week...
    Now back to Pre's for me...Hugs Always Viv...

Viv,

With all the planes owned by folks on this site I'll bet you could wrangle more plane rides.

We all need excuses to fly more anyway.