Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the New Member Forum

All my early flying was in a Champ. Does that count? And you may wish to talk to Brian E. I think he flies your type plane.

I'm still trying to understand how flying a taildragger relates to a Prevost. Wouldn't a taildragger be more analgous to a 4 X 4 with a slide-in camper?

At least you flew planes with the wings in the right spot.

Thumbs up

Larry, Were you flying the "Beaver"?

Ted is your plane a Beach Twin Bonanza? That was one I always wanted but that idea was lost many years ago!! Another plane I really liked was a Lockheed Loadstar, it is likened to a Prevost of the Air ( by me any way) When I was a kid hanging around the airport a local company Weatherhead had one fit out like a dream. It would take the owners to their lodge in the Mi. up. I would climb around in that baby and fantasize!

http://www.photographica.org/viewpic/25737

Have flown a beaver from the right seat, but 25 gallons a hour was a little to much for me. Had a Cessna 185 with PK 3500 floats, wheels and skis. A great airplane, also had a bush equiped Piper PA-18 (Super Cub) with a bunch of bush mods. The best of Bush planes
    Larry
    2000 Royale

OOPS, Did not see your post Jon.
    After our 30 years in Alaska with very few roads we want to see our great land at a slower pace. That is why the Prevost.
    Larry
    2000 Royale

Larry,

You sure picked the right way to see it. Except don't try to follow Roger. He drives at Super Cub speeds.

Larry,

I accept your pithy comments about the tailwheel and substitute my own reality. I have never ground looped a tricycle gear plane. But I'll bet if you can do it, Crak4U could be the man.

I own a plane to go places fast. I own a Prevost to see the country between the airports. However, it is easier to get the Bonanza worked on.

I own a plane to go places fast.

When did you trade?

henryhighwood Guest

As near as I can tell from reading the posts here, the fuel burn for a given trip will be just about the same for a coach as it is for the Baron. But the time and the view are of course the differing factors.
    As for having the tailwheel at the wrong end, My earliest hours were in a Champ as well. My Citrabia got sold just a couple years ago.
    I am looking forward to getting into a Prevost coach.

Depending on the year of coach you are seeking an 8V92 will typically get 5 to 6 MPG. A coach with a Series 60 (and rivets) will get between 7 and 8 MPG. A newer coach with a Series 60 and the newer emissions controls will be approaching 8V92 mileage.

Ted,

Welcome to the nuthouse! As you can see, both the diverse and perverse are represented here, either one of which can switch hats in an instant. As you gain a little knowledge (our combined efforts) about these terrific machines, you and your bride will hopefully be entertained as well, (JDUB, Tom, you're on). There are no dumb questions on this forum however the answers are usually suspect unless they come from Jon.

As to the airplane stuff, it's all designed to irritate Lew, keep that in mind. I personally never flew an airplane I didn't like as long as it didn't have a forked tail. Larry, the Idaho back-country is a great place for the tailwheel Cessna, we continue to have a great time there in our beat-up old 185. By the way, I also learned to fly in a champ.