Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the New Member Forum

Hybrid View

Jeffery Raymond Guest

Default Welcome to the New Member Forum

This forum is dedicated for the use of new members to the site or lurkers who may have wondered just where to begin their postings.

Of course, all new members will be furnished with researched, accurate and timely information from the more experienced members.

Ahem.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Please welcome 4BAJA to the forum (See comments in top forum).

Thanks.

Welcome 4BAJA,

Of course there's only dependable source of information from this group...

...http://www.newellcoach.com:591/bboard/

Mango Mike

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Hello 4BAJA welcome to the club

Welcome 4BAJA; what does the 4BAJA mean?

POG, the final frontier, you have entered where no sane man has entered before. We have a group of very unusual people, but most are, overall, pretty nice guys!

Glad to have you as a member and we all look forward to meeting you at POG III Rally in Kerrville. Jim Skiff (our resident scratch golfer) can sign you up for the rally.

If you have any old, smelly french fry oil in your kitchen, FED EX it to Bayley!
    He's a collector!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Welcome 4BAJA! This forum is definitely unique and contrary to what Tuga said, not all of us are guys Just kidding Tuga!

Is your BAJA name related to California? You will enjoy the chats here they are fun and educational which is a novel concept

Born and raised in NJ..Still live there..

Question New Member First Post..

Evening All,
    I don't have to test the waters here...after reading a good many posts throughout the Group...I'm ready for some opinions I probably won't like but I'm here anyway..because..
    I've been retired from my commercial bus driving 14 yrs. of experience since 1983..and after having owned 15 gas engine motor homes in my lifetime I still want to own my own diesel bus...even if I only get to drive it for one season..and I want it to be a Prevost or none at all..
    I presently still own two RV's...a 96 Coach House Dodge Class B and a 98 National Dolphin..There's no one anywhere with a worse case of "White Line Fever" than me..
    Jan 19th 07 I arrived back home in NJ after 5 months and 11,000 miles in that wee Coach House..that I bought so I could do mountains..I have a fear of heights that kept me from going West some 50 yrs..but I was as determined to see the West as I am to find a Prevost I can afford for my last rig..
    I came to POG knowing there's much I need to learn about owning a Prevost..Driving for Bus Compainies I never needed to learn a thing except how to unhang the gears I hung up..or call for a flatbed to be sent to pick me up if I broke down..but I also never needed to know much more to drive the 15 gas engine RV's I owned either..so why not make my dream come true..if I can..
    I'm here to try to make the best choice I can... hoping for your help in making that decision..I have to stay as close to the 100K mark as possible..especially with today's diesel prices and any kind of repairs..but I think today the dream can become a reality..and a few years ago I never thought it would.!!
    For a little about me I'm including a write up in "Road & Travel Magazine" that I was included in a couple of years ago..It just tells something about how it was for me way back in the 50's..but it also tells of my love of driving...

Scroll down to..."Beyond the call of duty" on the second page of this article..which is now in their archives..That's getting old too...lol..

http://www.roadandtravel.com/adventu...ngforwomen.htm

Hugs Always Viv aka..JourneyOne

Welcome to the asylum, Viv.

I think you will find a lot of Prevost conversions that are in good shape in the price range you have set for yourself.

If you are not mechanically inclined or lack the ability to evaluate an older coach (which will be in the late eighties range) you should try to get someone familiar with the Prevost and the converter to help you evaluate the coach.

The important thing will be to ignore colors, designs, and decor and zero in on the systems and condition of the coach and all that goes with it.

Don't hesitate to ask questions here. Sometimes we give real good answers, and sometimes we make things up, but we almost always answer.

Arrow Where There's A Will There's A Way

Welcome Viv, there's a lot of what your looking for out there even some on prevost-stuff. Hope it all works out for you. Your already in full blast with regards to the computer and image stuff so I think you will do all right. It's a lot about attitude. Go For It Get yourself on the map Dale set up so we know what part of the country your in.
    Are you fulltiming
    JIM

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Hello Viv

We often brouse the web sights for whats out there and a new listing on http://www.heartlandbus.com/ has recently come up.

Its an 84XL, a 40, converted by Marathon that is right in that range.

We think that it is a very comfortable looking conversion and I think it could be had for closer to 100 even, than the asking price.

If you, when you get one if it is in need of any repairs I'll be happy to help in any way I can.

Good hunting.

Hay Chalupka are you seeing this?