Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shower Hot/Cold Mixing Valve Question

Default Shower Hot/Cold Mixing Valve Question

10/8

Hi All,

At the rally it was apparent that the shower hottest setting was not near as hot as the water from the sink and bath faucet. Checking the threads from search on here it sounds as though I need to remove the shower valve and check for calcium, etc. (soak in vinegar and/or Lime Away?). Question is how to remove. I removed the blend handle and cap. That threaded into a fitting which goes into the cover plate, Did not want to force any of this. Is there a process for getting this valve out? I do not see a name but could be a Grohe, Moen, Delta.
    Thank you if anyone has advise.
    This is for my 1999 Country Coach. Thanks posters.

Sincerely,

Doug
    NashXL

Doug, been there-done that. If the valve does not just slip out(10% chance) you will need a puller. Both the puller and mix valve are readily available at Home Depot, Lowes etc.
    Corey Grubb & George Prentice
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Will & Grace-fierce felines
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

Corey,

Do you have the mix valve brand/part no available? Would be great not to have to double back to HD after pulling the valve. I'll just figure on having to do the whole enchalada. Thank you.

Doug NashXL

A picture would help and helping you.

Doug, ours is and was a Moen
    Corey Grubb & George Prentice
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Will & Grace-fierce felines
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

Doug, the first thing you want to try is to take the shower knob off. Most knobs have a limiting ring that prevents the knob being turned to full hot. If you have this take it out and adjust it so it can go to full hot. If you need to remove the mixing valve you have to remove the retention clip first. Generally, it's a big spring clip. BTW, are both hot water heaters working? Doug, did we meet at the rally? I meant to look you up. With so many there we may have missed one another.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Nash, you don't show us who you converter is - but while in Nashville my Liberty was giving me almost cold showers. Fortunately Dave Wall was there from Liberty/ Motorhome Exchange and he readily identified my problem as a defective check valve coming out of the hot water heater. New valve - installed - Life is good!
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Hi Roger. I thought you liked cold showers!
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Default Pics and Further Information for Shower Valve

10/11

Mornin and thanks to all who responded. I took the handle off and there is no limit setting on that. Just 360d of teeth on the shower valve side and matching teeth on the handle. There are no markings (Moen, Delta,etc.) on any of the surfaces. I took 3 pics with the phone but I cannot reduce the size. Will try to post here as is or take later with camera. This is for the Country Coach XL. Both water heaters are working well so it has to be the mixing valve. Did not want to force anything or worse have to call a plumber to go to a garage facility to work on this$$$. I pulled on the cover plate until I met resistance (you can see the small gap). Thanks guys.

Sincerely,

Doug
    NashXL
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Gary: Missed seeing you in Nashville, Don't need cold showers anymore- you know what I mean.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost