Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newmar owner, Prevost admirer

The Stainless panels are up to the bottom of windows. Ive had no problem with the stainless up keep. Certainly after traveling, especially in Rain, your going to have to wash the Coach. Sprinklers at some campgrounds will spray up on the stainless resulting in spots. When I first purchased my Coach, I washed it once a month as I store it outside. A little less now. I do have the paint waxed twice a year. Some touch up with detail cleaner from time to time. Still Love the Stainless.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Bernie, so sorry to hear about your brother. We know it was expected, but it's still a brutal reminder. Our prayers and safe travels. God speed buddy.
    Corey Grubb & George Prentice
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Will & Grace-fierce felines
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

(Stainless easier to take care of than paint)
    Yikes Gil, you need to live in inter mountain west. Out here the highway dept uses "Magnesium Chloride" for snow/ice control on our roads. (So people can speed in winter) One NANO-second in mag-chloride, and your beautiful polished stainless is flecked with brown little snowflakes from the goo (it's slimy upon application)settling into the small imperfections in the metal. Then it's hours of polishing to remove them. We owned a 2002 Marathon XLII in 2002-2004, upon trading, Buddy Gregg had to have the two year old coach repolished and replaced the engine compartment doors from pitting for the new owner. issue is a bit lessOur current 1992 XL 40 must be a slight variance in the ingredients of the stainless, since the "brown snowflake" issue is a bit less
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradobus View Post
    (Stainless easier to take care of than paint)
    Yikes Gil, you need to live in inter mountain west. Out here the highway dept uses "Magnesium Chloride" for snow/ice control on our roads. (So people can speed in winter) One NANO-second in mag-chloride, and your beautiful polished stainless is flecked with brown little snowflakes from the goo (it's slimy upon application)settling into the small imperfections in the metal. Then it's hours of polishing to remove them. We owned a 2002 Marathon XLII in 2002-2004, upon trading, Buddy Gregg had to have the two year old coach repolished and replaced the engine compartment doors from pitting for the new owner. issue is a bit lessOur current 1992 XL 40 must be a slight variance in the ingredients of the stainless, since the "brown snowflake" issue is a bit less
    Well then... Looks like you guys need a Winter home in Florida so your Bus will be out of the snow ! No problem like that where Gil and I live.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Okay, for anyone that can't find the south before the snow falls find an odd numbered interstate and head towards the sun. You and your stainless will be glad you did.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Dean, I was you six months ago. Beautiful 4 slide Country Coach Intrigue, but yearned for a Prevost. I bought our 06 XLII four months ago, and love it. Night and day difference. My lovely wife and our newborn baby of course could use more room, but we are fine. The bay storage is still good, and actually my layout has huge amounts of interior space and closet space. I have one 4 inch section of one panel out about 1/8 of an inch and will address with a Prevost shop. Other than that, loving the coach. The ride is worth it. Fringe benefit - funny how many people want to do you favors when you pull up in one of these. We have attended 30 country music shows and festivals in 4 months - you get the rock star treatment when you pull into a venue.

gavanj, Encouraged by your comment. We are really looking forward to the Prevost Community rally in Branson next week as we only live 45 min from there and will have the chance to look at several buses. So tell me a little about your bus. Do you have any slides? You mentioned all the country music shows. Are you just traveling and going to a lot of concerts or are you connected with the country music community. My son is a drummer in a local pop/rock band and I keep telling him that as he gets better and better he will one day work his way up to country music. :-). We should close on our current coach by the end of the month so I'm getting excited about the prospect of shopping for a bus.

We have a 2003 Beaver 2 slides bought a2001 marathon no slide guess which we drive Dany

I to am starting to look to move up into a 2003 to 2006 Prevost have been looking at Prevost for sale site for quite sometime and am going to show in Tampa. Im sure I want 2 slides and would entertain a 3 slide as for the model I think H3 is my preference but I am like a sponge for any info or helpful tips anyone can share. Currently have 2001 Monaco Dynasty tandem 2 slide. The things I would change from what I currently have is more horsepower, bigger bed, shower, and the seating arrangement 2 lazy boys and breakfast bar type dining area set up for 2 people mor so than the standart seat 6 feed 4 type set up. Thanks TD

Hi Todd. I'm sure you'll have a great time looking for your Prevost. By 2006, Prevost began simplifying the Slide technology for their slides . They redesigned the frame of the coach so the truss system was below the floor level instead of above the floor level in the earlier Coaches. In the earlier slides, the slide would be cut into the truss system and so there were 4 pins per slide which locked the slide into place to maintain the structural integrity of the Coach. I have not had a issue with my Coach but the newer Coaches have reduced the pins to one at the bottom center and one at the top center.
    Some Converters install their own Slide systems. Marathon and Featherlite are two who have installed their own slide system.

http://motorhome.prevostcar.com/prod...d-enhancements
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide