Thread: Door Wind Noise

Default Door Wind Noise

I recently bought a 2006 XLII, converted by Royale. I am experiencing moderate to severe wind noise from exit door by passenger seat. I even throw the door lock to "tighten it up", but noise continues. Any suggestion on adjusting so I can have a quiet ride? Thank you. Gavan James

Gavan,

I forwarded the question to our Prevost rep. Dale
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Put a new striker in it.

As someone already mentioned you can adjust the striker to pull the door in tighter. That is great if it stops the noise but then it may be hard to open. Look at the door seal and make sure that it is in good shape. Look at the door and see how it fits into the frame of the vehicle. You do have an upper lock that is supposed to extend when you release the parking brake. It is in the top of the door and is there to keep that upper corner tight and prevent fluttering when you go down the road.
    If you go by one of our service facilities they may see something that I forgot.

I have replaced a door seal,and that helped but I had Liberty adjust the door and that fixed it.

how is the door adjusted?

It is adjusted at the hinges,it takes 2 people as you can imagine it is heavy.

As Bill said - check the air lock. The air lock is at the top of the door in the XLII and it engages when you release the parking brake. To tell you will hear a loud click or pop from the top of the door when you release the parking brake with the engine running. If you airlock stops functioning you will get a lot of wind noise.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston