Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What advice can you give me for my first experience/trip with a Prevost?

According to the owner its an 8V-92. Thanks to all for the advice and counsel!

Hi Dick,

You might also consider a quick spin through a large parking lot or industrial park where you can practice turns in a low pressure environment. Watch your mirror so you can see the curb / rear tire relationship and adjust how wide you swing until you get it perfect. I know for me, the feeling of sitting in front of the front wheels was the biggest difference I noticed from other vehicles I've driven. If you are not familiar with air brakes a quick review of the DOT air brake manual is enlightening.

Enjoy!
    Dan

Default Made it home!

Made it home to Grafton last night from Kaukauna without incident. I impressed myself by backing the bus into the driveway in one continuous motion! I wonder if I'll be that luck on Sunday when I return with the trailer from Gingerman.PrevostCConPVRd_9-13-2013.jpg

Thanks for all the advice and counsel.

Hi Dick, Enjoy the trip! You'll have to let us know if you enjoy driving the bus as much as the race car. I know it's a toss up for me (love 'em both!). Actually, in some ways the bus is a little more challenging to execute perfectly rev matched heel/ tow down shifts due to its Spicer non-synchronized gear box. At least the engine is in the back like the 911.

safe travels and racing
    Dan

Uneventful trip. Everything went fine. Few things on the 23 bus that we struggled with, but we made do. Found it easy to drive, easier than I thought it would be. Thanks for all advice and suggestions.

It had an automatic Allison, shifting was easy! Besides taking a while to get going (especially towing the race trailer) and a while to stop (especially towing the race trailer), the biggest thing I have to get accustomed to is sitting so far forward and not sensing "where we are pointed". No long hood of a car or truck us indicate where we're headed.

Dick

Dick, now you can just imagine a 60 series and IFS.
    Corey Grubb & George Prentice
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Will & Grace-fierce felines
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

Quote Originally Posted by coreygrubb View Post
    Dick, now you can just imagine a 60 series and IFS.
    My thoughts exactly!

Didn't write down the mileage. According to MapQuest we put on 687 miles. Used 119.2 of diesel for 5.76 MPG. The fuel gauge showed above "full" when I filled, was on the "full line" when I picked the bus up. We ran the generator once for about 2 hours or so. Is that mileage typical for an 8V92 DDEC? Pulling a 10,000# trailer.

That is great numbers for what u did.