Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Switching to LED's

Default AVIATION ALERT (lew be warned)

It's bad enough the airplane guys on another forum pull my chain about their glass panels that replaced their steam gauges, but now I got to put up with similar BS from the "all show and no go" crowd on this forum.

What is worse is the LEDs are apparently replacing prefectly good, fully functioning lights. No wonder Prevost owners get a bad rap from the average RV owners. They act like they have Lewbucks to burn.

Surely there must be another owner out there willing to stand along side of me to fight this flagrant display of disposable income?

win42 Guest

Jon: I detect a tinge of hipocrasy here from someone who spent a lot of lewbucks on led's in an attempt to win the bling award @ POG2.
    Some of us with older Prevosts still have 24V marker and clearance lights that are burning up the bulb holders that were designed for 12V and installed by Prevost. I'm in need of tail light replacements for this very reason. I'm ordering new LED's for them at present, so please don't get your panties in a wad over this change on my aging coach.

Harry ole pal, trust me when I say this. Those undercarriage lights ARE NOT LEDs. They could have been. That was an option, but I would never be able to have lived that one down.

Now I'm the first guy to promote a full scale LED attack. However, at the risk of bringing down the ire of my peers, I have to comment on taillight LED's.

Unless your doing what Dale did on his bus (very nice job by the way - your wife must've done the work) by replacing the entire fixture I would not just subsititure LED bulbs for the existing bulbs in the same fixture. Reason being is the new LED bulbs do not provide an even "flow" across the lens fixture. It's more of a concentrated light bead in the center of the lens that from a couple of car lengths behind the coach just doesn't quite look right.

I'm in Jon's Dark Side camp on this one.

Mike

Let the flamin' begin.

dalej Guest

Guys can you believe I had forgot some! I think when you change so many at a time you forget what all you do. There was the ground effects lights and the door and entry lights and some on the inside. Sorry it won't happen again.

Check them out at...

http://midwestleds.com/lights

PS, I will post the expences soon.

win42 Guest

John; OK your off the hook with me, but if they were LED's you could leave them on permanently with little drain on the battery. If you decide to change to LED's someday Crow doesn't taste too bad with a lot of Chili sauce on it.
    I've had my share of it over the years.

You guys are missing it. Jon will be getting his leds already installed on the new Liberty he is going to see! Was this a subtle way to make an announcement? JIM

lewpopp Guest

Harry

I just noticed that you have a 89/91 coach. What does that mean? You left the 90 out. Trying to figure this out. Help me Harry.

Lew

Default Jon

Jon,

I stand firmly with you against this horrible display of flagerant foolish spending of apparently disposable income, what with the starvin children in Biafra and all.

Oh Dale, by the way, I got shipment of the lights in today. Thanks much

win42 Guest

Lew: The 89 was when Prevost built the shell and the 91 denotes the year Royale/Buddy Gregg gave it when sold and licensed. When I need parts from Prevost I use 89 and when I'm trying to dazzel a prospective buyer I use 91.
    Thanks for posting the address of the handle source, I've been looking for them for sometime. It's nice to see someone use the forum for something it was designed for. Sorry you'll not be making POG3 we all understand health issues come first. We'll hook up sooner or later.