Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Switching to LED's

dalej Guest

Default Switching to LED's

Hi Everyone, thought I would give you this link, http://midwestleds.com/lights.htm to help with switching your lights. I have to finish posting a few photos but this might help answer some questions.

Dale,
    Were those photos of your bus? Nice job on the tail lights. Who did you send the Cad file to do the laser cutting?

Happy New Year
    Mike

dalej Guest

Mike, I found a company close to me that has a lazer cutter. I worked with them to cut any graphics out. I use Illustrator CS and export it to .dxf for him to run in his program to cut with. We are doing Stainless Steel graphics for pickups and Semi-trucks. It will replace vinyl if you want a more chrome look. I had Prevost cut in the wheel covers at POGII.

Harry, win42 says his son and he can do it also. I have been talking to him, the freight is the issue, ss weights a lot more then vinyl.

So did I understand the pictures (3rd row, two pictures) correctly. Those are now your tailights. Unlit, they appear white/clear, but lit they are red?

Dale,

I'm curious, what is the timeframe, if you had the bezel already cut, to change out the tail lights for example. I'm thinking of another POG3 session. ON a similar topic, has anyone ever changed out their headlights to something newer? Mine are pretty dim, but that's sorta standard for a 93 era vehicle. Looking for options.

dalej Guest

Ray, I personally think that the mirrored clear led lights are going to be the go to light. They match so well with chrome and polished ss. They are clear, then light up amber or red.

On the time frame, I figure a week turnaround, after the graphic is approved, but that usually take the time. I like custom graphics, so by the time you do a few emails back and forth, there goes another week.
    Last edited by dalej; 01-03-2007 at 07:33 PM.

Thanks Dale. Assume you already had a bezel and got that done upfront, could you swap out an entire set of tail lights within the timeframe of a POG session?

Or perhaps an easier session would be changing out some side lights? They only require tapping the ground wire, right?

Again, thinking of sessions for POG3

dalej Guest

If you come up with a bus find out if its 12 or 24 volts. This part of the conversion takes the longest. If its 12v you could figure a couple hours per side by the time you finish all the wiring. 24v and you need to convert to 12 so that part takes the longest, figure 4 hours for that part alone. If you find a coach let me know and I can get all the parts lined up. Or just let me know if you need help.

dalej Guest

I finally finished posting all the photos on our bus. I think everthing went well. I decided to add 5 more tail lights above the PREVOST sign on the back. Let me know where and if I should add more... or take some off!

Its been a fun project. You can check them out at http://midwestleds.com/lights

Dale,

Beautiful job, fantastic!

Do you do Newells?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot