Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Marker Lights

I am just trying to figure out how to get my coach from Houston to the rally without getting any crap on it as I know there will be a How-clean-is-Jon's-coach pissing contest when we all arrive

I thought about wrapping it up or maybe stopping in some town short of the rally for a short clean up and engine detailing so as to not offend Jon's sense of cleanliness.

And how good is it that Jon is not here to defend himself? Yes, stay gone another week Jon and we can do just what it is I am good at; having fun at the expense of others..........

ken&ellen Guest

Jerry, Flat bed the sucker! Stuff your family in the cab of a Kenworth sleeper hooked up to a nice long lowboy. It will be expensive....but clean. Ken

K&E,

I think you need to find us a good clean-up place north of the rally point and we can get the conga line of cleaning going there. We can get Jon and the turbo wheel buffer going and that should take care of errant road gunk and the odd rain shower.........

Or we can get Lew to show us the telescoping squeegie trick. In fact, I think I will just offer my coach up as the cleaning technique test bed for all those anal cleaning types and they can show us their skills at the rally.

Everyone wins

Jeffery Raymond Guest

Default The Undisclosed Clean Up Location

For those who have Level One Clearance, there is an undisclosed location about 10 minutes from the rally site which is a secure facility for clean up and detailing. Further, the rally site itself allows on-site clean up at last report. (But first impressions are lasting impressions).

PM me for further details.

All of your efforts will be fruitless.

I just installed the optional and still highly classified bug and dust repellant system along with the continuous aluminum wheel polishig device.

I expect to have the engine In-Transit waxing device perfected prior to the rally leaving only a little work with a Q-tip on my tire treads when I get to the POG site.

lewpopp Guest

Received the marker lights in perfect shape. Thank you.

Started replacing a few real bad lenses and decided to see if I could come up with a polish that would keep the plastic shined. Doubt that I can. Time will tell.

Thanks again, mango mike and there will always be extra parts to the marker lights in my shop on wheels.

The big thing I noticed, was that I won't have to purchase anymore 24v bulbs from anyone.

Default You can make them new!

Lew, your welcome.

You can bring back those lenses. I did repolish about 4 of them before I decided to go to the LED's and they came out looking like new. Unfortunately for you I sent them the Ken who was the first guy to ask for the lights. In any case go to Eastwood and get the polish.

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?i...emType=PRODUCT

And order the special plastic buffing wheel. It works wonders, but it takes about 10 minutes per lens to do it right.

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?i...emType=PRODUCT

Mike

Thanks to Jon for the Eastwood tip.
    Last edited by MangoMike; 02-15-2006 at 07:29 AM.

Lew, If you want to wait I'll bring my plastic polishing stuff and buffer to the POG rally and you can give it a try before you spend any money at Eastwood.

Mike

Did Mango just volunteer to teach another topic at the POG rally?

I think he should teach us how to use that polishing equipment on our wheels, starting with mine.

Line 'em up!

I knew this $100 POG membership would pay off.

Mike

I have to say am enoying JDUB's post from Rome. At $8 per hour it's probably still cheaper for him than the Italian masssage parlors.