I debate every time whether to take I-5 or 99 after Sacramento. Those bumps in I-5 make it worth the slower drive on 99. I got stop by CHP once pulling a toad and I was going over the speed limit and to cop chased me for miles. Finally he came along side of me and waved me over, why he didn't use the sirens I don't know. I was heading back to Portland Oregon and my mother had called to tell me the doctors wanted to pull the plug on her ventilator, so I was not paying attention to the speed just talking with the wife. So he stopped me and said you know you where speeding and I said no but I could have been because I was thinking about the medical situation. He told me "55 MPH while towing regardless of what or with you are towing. I going to call the CHP north of weed to keep an eye on you". I took the hint, I was one lucky guy, and have set the cruise control to 58MPH ever since while driving in CA. I know that cops never know what is going to happen when they stop someone now days, but I remember many LE friends saying that a lot of positive things can happen if you pass the attitude test first.