Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New tires

Gil, didn't look at your header, thought you were still in Apollo Beach. See you in Nashville and or Branson ?
    Corey Grubb & George Prentice
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Will & Grace-fierce felines
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

I needed 4 365 2-steers and 2 tags and 4 315 for duals I got my prices from Michlin and Callagan wanted 80.00 per tire to install.

I wonder why the Tags are not the same size as the Duals . Is this common ?

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Jim, the only coaches I've seen with 365 steers and 315 tags are when someone has upgraded the steers or on some single slide coaches that came that way from the converter. All newer multi-slide coaches have 365 tag and steer and 315 drives.
    Corey Grubb & George Prentice
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Will & Grace-fierce felines
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

All xll have 365 on steers and tags and the reason is if you loose a steer you can replace a steer with a tag, this is what happen to me on the road lost steer nobody had a 365 in stock Prevost told me to buy a 315 put on tag I did drove 2600 miles home.

Guess I will be changing mine out next year, date codes on the ones I am running now, 2009 put on at liberty when I bought coach 3-20-10, I believe it makes a big difference in tire life, keep them inflated correctly and inside when not on the road, I might be good till 3-20-15 but will watch them closely Gary

Should have become a Michelin dealership instead of a wrench.

Theres GOT to be some kind of way to partner up with truckers and create a partnership that would keep all these tires out of the garbage and on the road till a reasonable amount of wear has been created. I bet U 90% of the takeoffs on these campers still have90% of the tread regardless of age. It would take the average OTR trucker about a year or so to get the rest out of them. I wonder what the percentage of the tires that we r charged disposal fees when replacing end up on semis instead of the garbage. Bet that's about 90% as well. Why let the tire guys get the bonus.

Joe,

Great idea and given most commercial companies lease their tires it would seem like something a leasing company might want to consider.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

I have always been able to sell the 315s for 75-100 each,I think that the fit some tandem dump trucks,but even those guys do not want them if the dates are 7 or more years old.