Thread: 2013 Sales

Default 2013 Sales

It appears from the web sites and conversations that I have had with other owners that Featherlite,Liberty,Marathon and Millennium do not have a new coach that has been completed for sale at this time.I have done some caculations and it appears that there will be less than 50 converted units this year compared to several years ago when the converters were doing north of 150.I am surprised that used prices have not firmed up or actually increased but there must be plenty of supply of used coaches which has determines the market prices.Used coaches seem to appear on the various web sites and then they are gone in what seems like a short period of time.The Tampa show started the year off right for many dealers and it appears that trend has continued.I hope that the few converters that are left are making money again as we need strong support when we need service.I just find this a little odd that things are this good at most converters when I see the economy as still very weak,but it must be so with these sales of new and used coaches.

The stock market keeps hitting record highs, however, most wage earners are still struggling and bankers remind me of Henry F Potter in 'Its a wonderful Life'. Housing has begun to swing back up but it will be years before many see any equity in their homes again. So, there is signs of positive change but its agonizingly slow and could be that way for a long while.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Marathon completed and delivered #1210 this summer and #1213 is in production.

http://www.marathoncoach.com/news/pr...es.cfm?ID=1653

David do you know how many coaches Marathon will deliver this model(2014) year?

Including mine, i think Marathon has rolled out at least 4 this calendar year so far.

I have heard that Liberty will build 14 this year and that Millinnium will do 12 and it appears that Marathon might do 8,does anyone know how many Featherlite and Outlaw might complete?

Jack -

Steve Irwin at Marathon emailed me that, for 2013, they expect to produce "11 or 12, including a special coach for the Tampa Supershow."

So liberty builds 14 Millennium and Marathon build 12 each Featherlite and Outlaw build 6 each this totals 50 and Marathon was building over 65 at one time,I also am on the Newell site and the number there is around 30,it is fairly easy to understand how 50 Prevost can be sold each year with the amount of baby boomers retiring each year.I don't think that Washington understands how important this industry and many other industries are to this economy.

Washington didn't understand what the yacht business and private jet business means to many communities around the country when they instituted the so called luxury tax a few years ago. In Wisconsin ... between Manitowoc, Sturgeon Bay, Pulaski, and Oconto you're talking probably 1,500 jobs at the boat builders and their subs and suppliers. Gulfstream Aviation's medium to large jet completion/rehab/overhaul facility in Appleton employees 650 plus the subs and suppliers.

Unfortunately the politician who rail on those who have accumulated a few nickels to rub together fail to acknowledge that those nickels eventually get spent. Remember all the banks that cancelled their meetings and events in 2008 and 2009? Another example.

Has Prevost-Stuff.com stopped accepting for sale ads for coaches?

No new for sale ads since 10/2 (six days) and no price updates since 9/24 (twelve days).

Or is everything that's for sale ... "for sale"?