Thread: Old Car & Trailer Restoration

Default Old Car & Trailer Restoration

Joe,

You should appreciate this restoration. http://encompassmag.com/2013/06/cove...tro-travelers/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Dale I like it. I redid a 62 airflyte last summer. Funny thin the most collectable and desirable ones are Shasta and Scotty and construction on those were the worst. 0622121805.jpg 0609121630.jpg Put a tankless electric water heater a pump installed a 30 amp power distribution panel built a full slide porta potty in the closet they bought aqua boomerang pattern for the laminate old stock no longer available, fantastic fan, new fridge.

I wonder how much road grit makes it past those jalousie windows.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Joe, you sure take on some ambitious projects. How long did the restoration take?

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

If U don't have a front window awning that folds down while driving U can watch the front drapes blowing around with the windows closed. Gill this particular couple with the 62 airflyte were not comfortable with me doing it outside in the yard so I had to rent garage space from a friend at 100 bucks a week. They paid me time and material. Paid 5000 grand for the trailer in unrestored original condition had another 4 in components spent another 3 on a paint job and I had 250hrs in labor. In the end they racked up close to 25grand in this little trlr just like the pic dale put up sept green and white.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 07-06-2013 at 08:40 AM.

Gill the Airflyte I showed that I had 250 hr into it, I only took it slightly more that 50% apart say 60%. The link Dale started the thread with that was completely taken apart IMO that is more like a 400 or 500hr worth of work for me alone with just an occasional second pare of hands. Fills in the gaps real good keeps me out of trouble. I am going to NY, upstate. Ive been hired to do a project that the guy estimates will take at lease 6 mo. and as much as a year so for the time being this hobby will get put on the back burner. To date I did a 67 Nomad, 76 scotty serro, 59 Trotwood, 62 Shasta, 69 Blazon, 67 Scotty Highlander, 70 Bonanza and another Scotty Im unaware of the year Norstrums department store had me redo it leaving it an empty shell so that's 8 and in the last 3 yr or so, in my "spare time". NONE were complete restorations. My favorite a 62 Shasta Astrodome will continue to sit untouched making great garden art till I get back. It will require being taken completely apart. Any reasonable person would never fix it. 62 Shasta Astrodome 019.jpg 62 Shasta Astrodome 004.jpg
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 07-06-2013 at 12:58 PM.

Joe, you're either an artist or someone with extreme patience!

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

LOOK http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/rvs/3899291365.html Would I or wouldn't I?? If it had a title 300 bucks not a penny more.