Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New XL II owner..advice?

Default New XL II owner..advice?

Hello experienced Prevost owners. I take delivery of my 06 45' Prevost Sunday in Atlanta, and am driving back to San Diego with a detour to a country music festival in Kansas. After a dealer orientation, I am headed out. While I have owned a 42 Country Coach until now, I am a bit nervous. Any tips? Anyone know exact height to top of rails/Sat TV/AC? It was converted by Royale. Any advice, warnings, etc. is appreciated

Congratulations on your new bus. You will immediately realize that nothing drives like a Prevost. Some of the XL II owners will be able to help with the height questions. Don't hesitate to ask about anything that comes. Welcome to the POG.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Depending on ride height adjustment, the top of your satellite dome is the tallest measurement and that should be close to 13-ft (actually 12'10") but err on the side of worst case.
    Don't hesitate to call one of us here at Parliament/Coachworx is you need help. Stranded on the side of the road is not a good feeling.
    Also, realize that since you now own a Prevost, the 24-hour Action Line is available to you in the event of a vehicular issue as you travel. That number will get you road service no matter if you are in warranty or not. Just call Prevost and get set up with a Customer number, and you can also order your own parts if you need something like a hard-to-find belt or entry door handle, etc. The number for the Prevost Action Line is 800-463-7738.

I hope you enjoy your "maiden voyage" in your new coach.

Sincerely,
    Ben Cummings
    U.S.A. Luxury Coaches, LLC
    Clearwater, FL

Enjoy the ride. Having come from a 08 42' Beaver I'm sure you'll have a similar experience as me--wow, what an improvement in ride. What you'll probably quickly realize is the wheelbase is about 5 feet longer, making what used to be tight turn even tighter.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

I think the highest part of your coach is going to be the anemometer which sits on top of the awning. Most likely it is 12'7" but you should have the dealer measure it for you.

Thank you all for your assistance, very much appreciated! Gavan

Hi Gavan. A couple of additional things , the weight of your new coach is in the 48,000 lb range so be aware of the roads and bridges you are traveling. Pulling to the side of the road, soft shoulders should be avoided. In RV Camp grounds, low branches can be a real problem . Boulders and low profile guard poles are not always visible so give yourself a lot of space when turning in or out of parking spaces and turning corners. Congratulations and enjoy the journey.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Gavan,
    I came out of a 42' Country Coach as well. The items I noticed most over the Country Coach are, much better ride, more stable, less wind noise, less wandering, 10,000 lbs heavier (so less pick up at cruise speeds, and need more stopping room), overall, much more quality, especially the construction of the chassis and components. Many more systems than the CC.

You will love it, very high quality bus.

Ben, Thank you for the answer and advice. The coach is now in California and mostly trouble free.

Gary, Thanks for the off road advice. Our first stop was a country music festival in Kansas. Camping was in a state park and it had just rained hard. I avoided putting the coach in the grass, kept on pavement. Good thing, it would have been a U boat.