Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lifeline Batteries

Joe...Are you saying that if we keep our bus plugged in then drive to a camp ground and plug in again that they batteries will have to be replaced soon? Think I am missing something here.?? Diane

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

Diane,

One thing for sure if a coach is used as Joe stated; you sure don't need 6-8 8d batteries. Those that don't dry camp have reduced thier house bank down to 2 8d batteries without any negative effects. Maybe, that's what he's saying.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

I can tell you that brand new Dekkas that were maintained properly didn't make 2 years in our coach... we bought them out of ignorance because that what was in there only to find out those weren't very old either... trust me they are crap !! If we would have been on these Prevost sights sooner we would have known...Lifelines are the only way to go !! Diane
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil_J View Post
    I don't care who makes the battery, a properly maintained battery should last well past 3 years. The only exception being someone that does a lot of dry camping and deep cycles the battery a lot. I hope you don't have another problem that takes your Lifelines out of service too soon. I would expect no less than 5 years out of properly maintained battery. Again, unless used to dry camp a lot. Even my Chinese 8Ds in my boat lasted longer than 3 years.

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.

Im sorry Diane that was my version of poor humor. Gill characterized the thoughts correctly.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 06-18-2013 at 06:33 PM.

I LOST A SET OF LIFELINE 8-Ds IN 13 MOS CAUSE INVERTERS CHARGING TO HOT ON FLOAT DARRELL

Darrel U have Trace inverters in the Thompson?? What did U find caused it?

OOPS... And I thought you were serious... I thought you were abandoning what I thought our coaches were built for !! !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Camper View Post
    Im sorry Diane that was my version of poor humor. Gill characterized the thoughts correctly.

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.

JOE THAT WAS IN MY 98 LIBERTY WITH HEART INVERTERS YOU ARE RIGHT, MY THOMPSON XANTREX SAME AS TRACE DARRELL

OH BY THE WAY THIS THOMPSON HAS DEKAS, 3YRS OLD, SO FOR THEY ARE GREAT, I THINK THESE XANTREX INVERTERS ARE BETTER THAN THE HEARTS WERE, I HAVE ONE INVERTER GOING DOWN RIGHT NOW DARRELL

If a person searched these archives or the PC archives one thing that would be known is often the greatest cause of battery failure is the coach owners fail to set the inverters to the correct charging voltages as specified by the battery manufacturers. If it took darrel a year to toast lifeline batteries I bet I could do it in a month with the wrong settings

Was it OK to say PC or will that get censored